• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Help with testing !normandy44 version 3
01-26-2011, 09:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2011, 10:05 AM by Dan Caviness.)
Help with testing !normandy44 version 3
Hello everyone:

We have the final version of !normandy44 posted up in the H2H area (and the normal scenario depot area) now so if anyone wants to help test it I'd appreciate it.

It's a big game...perhaps some could arrange team matches to cut down the size of the moves?

I know several of you are still playing the version 2 into the Turn 50's to 60's but why not play this version? Better balance on objectives and German infantry deficit corrected.

I have one game going at present...kernelt and Von Luck will be playing dawags and myself. We look forward to the beatdown from Jesse and John.

One more round of testing and this thing can either get cleared and certified or maybe not who knows? The important thing is H2H doesn't "validate" anyone's work. There are many excellent scenarios out there that never had anything to do with H2H. H2H gives you the chance to meet other competent and dedicated gamers who like to help.

My thanks to everyone out there who helped. Your inputs made the scenario what it is.

Regards,

Dan
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2011, 06:59 AM,
RE: Help with testing !normandy44 version 3
Hi Dan,

i played one normandy battle (i think you know that - Kartsen Wolfgang and me take the german part) If IM right we play about three years - at the end we lost the battle but allied player were not able to make a breakthrough - after all it was more an VERDUN battle than a modern warfare - but enough "blablabla" I`m interested in to take a part in your "normandy fight" last time i was commander of the "PanzerLehr" it was great to command a complete division in such a complex battle. So if all of the players agree i want to command again a division - the best for me to command a axis Div - but if you want I try my best as allied general, too.
regards
Thomas
02-05-2011, 04:13 AM,
I can't find the scenario files. Could someone send them to me? I would like to take a look on it.

[email protected]
02-08-2011, 04:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2011, 04:20 AM by Antoni Chmielowski .)
Got the H2H section and download the file called " ***The Longest Day" - thats the one your after.

(02-05-2011, 04:13 AM)von Manstein Wrote: I can't find the scenario files. Could someone send them to me? I would like to take a look on it.

[email protected]
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
02-08-2011, 05:33 AM,
Thanks! I get it by email from Thomas already. I must say that it looks quite nice.
02-12-2011, 11:50 AM,
Thanks for taking a look von Manstein.

I have contacted Thomas by email. As noted by Thomas, we go back aways and I'll owe him another one if he plays again.

The game is definitely large enough for team games. To break it down to division level you will need...at least...a whole lot of players!

We have seen it split 2v2 and 3v3 with good results.
On the Allied side...with 5 landing areas...it's easy to play 5 ways by each landing beach. On the German side...it's a bit more complicated...but certainly possible.

If anyone wants a good place to start when deciding how to split teams, check out the readme file as it has a basic divisonal structure outline that will help.

Thomas...von Manstein...I've got a couple leads on other players and I'll keep you posted.

Regards,

Dan