• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Computer
02-02-2011, 05:57 AM,
New Computer
I've replaced my 2005 desktop computer with one put together by my future son-in-law and it's a screamer: i7 w/6G RAM, 1G VRAM, 2x640 Gig Raid array HD, Blue Ray burner and more fans than you can beat with a baseball bat... It glows in the dark and has a gamer's keyboard/mouse...

My biggest concern was the jump from XP to Win 7, 64bit... and Matrix CS made the jump without a glitch... So far it all seems to work even if the replay is a blur... LOL... I need a setting between normal and fast human player...

For all my foes, I owe a few games and will get them punched out today and tomorrow...
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2011, 05:59 AM,
RE: New Computer
Nice ride... and I'm sure you'll dig W7. Finally, a MS product that's moderately stable.

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
02-03-2011, 01:16 AM,
Always good to have a computer expert in the family. Personally, I'm hoping my daughter marries a plumber. I already know computers.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
02-04-2011, 03:57 PM,
Computer rocks... and no issues so far with Win 7... and the brainiac software engineer is a nice edition...

LOL...
02-04-2011, 08:01 PM,
No scrolling issues in the map editor?
02-05-2011, 01:00 AM,
(02-04-2011, 08:01 PM)Huib Versloot Wrote: No scrolling issues in the map editor?

Now that you mention it...

There seems to be a little hiccup with display of the map at times when I scroll... but if I move it around a bit it clears up... Seems to occur more near the map edges...
02-05-2011, 07:26 PM,
JvK: look no further than here: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=57843

I had the map scrolling issue with Map Editor from the beginning. Do as Jason explains, and you should be sorted.

I have a basic HP desktop with W7 64bit and a 24" 16:9 HD screen. Disabling Desktop Composition did the trick for me, nothing else required, not even running the *.exe:s with XP comp mode.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
02-06-2011, 02:42 AM,
(02-05-2011, 07:26 PM)Sgt K. Kat Wrote: JvK: look no further than here: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=57843

I had the map scrolling issue with Map Editor from the beginning. Do as Jason explains, and you should be sorted.

I have a basic HP desktop with W7 64bit and a 24" 16:9 HD screen. Disabling Desktop Composition did the trick for me, nothing else required, not even running the *.exe:s with XP comp mode.

Thanks...

That seems to have resolved the issue... I disabled Desktop Composition for all the exe files in EF and WF...