• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for two Allied players for F40 teamgame.
02-18-2009, 09:44 AM,
Thumbs_Up  Looking for two Allied players for F40 teamgame.
I am trying to set up a 3 vs. 3 F40 campaign teamgame, we have a German team and one member of the Allied team, so i am looking for two more Allied players.

We will be playing Volcano's version of the campaign 0510_02: The Allies Cast the Die_Alt and using the normal _Alt optional rules.

All we ask is that you can maintain a reasonable turn rate and can last the year or so it will take to complete. ;)

You can post here, mail me or PM me. :)
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2009, 12:45 PM,
RE: Looking for two Allied players for F40 teamgame.
We'll take you on! :boom1:

TBridges and The Bishop. Who is our teammate?
02-18-2009, 05:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-18-2009, 05:20 PM by Mr Grumpy.)
Hello Tom and Sean,

I have had more offers than slots available (cant believe that) let me sort this out with everyone when i get home from work. :)

Mo more offers please.
02-19-2009, 10:15 AM,
Foul. Wrote:Hello Tom and Sean,

I have had more offers than slots available (cant believe that) let me sort this out with everyone when i get home from work. :)

Mo more offers please.

You should both now have a message from me in your inbox. :)
02-19-2009, 11:33 AM,
Just a freindly warning here. I don't know if the alt version has adjusted the VP schedule or not, but in the stock game the VP's required by Germany are way way too low. It makes for a very easy German win. The VP's should be more in line with Ricky B's version IMO.
02-19-2009, 11:49 AM,
Well maybe not quite as high a RB's game but a lot more VP's should be required. The Germans will attain a MV just through kills alone without any objective points. Ofcourse this is all academic if the alt version has made a play balance adjustment. cheers
02-19-2009, 02:47 PM,
Actually it is David Guegan's version much more so than mine, I just put together the strategies while David did all the hard work, including actually setting up the various deployments in the strategies, along with objectives/VPs, etc. And a darn good job he did too. Of course, the original is mainly his also, I believe, but the updated/alternate version is based on a number of playthroughs by a variety of players.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
02-19-2009, 02:52 PM,
Krak Wrote:Well maybe not quite as high a RB's game but a lot more VP's should be required. The Germans will attain a MV just through kills alone without any objective points. Ofcourse this is all academic if the alt version has made a play balance adjustment. cheers

I don't think the VP levels have been adjusted in the _Alt but I could be wrong. On the other hand, it holds no bearing from the stock game to the _Alt because the French are much more capable in the _Alt... especially in tank to tank. The Germans no longer have super tanks and have to get creative when dealing with French armor.

If *after* the _Alt is played and there are suggestions as to what the VP levels should be, then I am all ears.
Send this user an email
02-19-2009, 02:57 PM,
The biggest detriment to the French armor is how slow it is. That may be an inherent trait of the French tank design in 1940. A French player has to realize his armor can get into trouble much faster than they can get out of it.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
02-19-2009, 02:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-19-2009, 02:59 PM by Volcano Man.)
Actually, just by looking at it, I don't see why 0510_02 has such a drastic VP level over 0510_01 (stock or otherwise). It seems like a mistake to me honestly, you should just play 0510_02 with the 0510_01 VP levels agreed upon. (25000 40000 55000 70000)
Send this user an email