• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Infantry AT weapons
12-21-2006, 08:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-21-2006, 08:36 PM by taffy.)
Infantry AT weapons
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2006, 09:56 PM,
RE: Infantry AT weapons
panzerfausts are a great AT weapon, the AFV neads to be close 25 yards or closer. I put my infantry on hide and wait if you can get an AFV on side you have a good chance of knocking out even the biggest AFV,s .
12-21-2006, 09:58 PM,
The german infantry had the best, no question about it. For example, in the scenario Storm555 the german infantry is equipped with plenty of both types. Needless to say, Russian armor don't stand a chance in that scenario, etc.. :-)
01-15-2007, 04:52 AM,
I love them, great weapon, and yes the Germans have the best, but used enmass the US and UK IN AT weapons are not bad either. Just remember closer is better, but I have gotten hits past 100meters before, saving a desparate situation.
01-15-2007, 05:04 AM,
Fausts and schreks are awesome inf AFV weps for close assault. I recently had a battle where I was able to sneak a HQ unit to within 10 meters of my opponents Sherman. Unfortunately, all he had left was one grenade. The Sherman survived, my platoon didn't. I am certain that if I had a schrek or faust, that tank would have burned.
01-15-2007, 05:09 AM,
Im playing in the Bocage tournament and am getting wiped out by the fausts and shreks... ;(

Bootie
01-15-2007, 06:32 AM,
I really rate the Bazooka, decent range, decent killing power; knocks out a Tiger - which is all you really need. The Fausts are real tank killers, but more often than not you need to be close and you only get one or two shots.

The PIAT is OK insofar it doesn't set houses on fire when fired from inside, and I guess the game models them as harder to spot (no blast of smoke/flame).

Molotovs are poor, unless the Germans are enjoying the weather in those open topped Marders..

AT rifles are incredibly annoying early war, but apart from that the Sovs really get sold short on AT. You can play a late war German/US/Commonwealth side and pretty much get away without buying heavy AT weapons, providing you're willing to let the enemy get nice and close.