• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Perceptions and Realities
05-21-2024, 05:28 AM,
RE: Perceptions and Realities
Perhaps being pragmatic it is better than players who are put off PBEM by the thought of losing to another human are better off not taking on games and then dropping them when things turn bad as this is a HUGE frustration to the other player who is left holding the baby…….. Angry5
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2024, 11:36 AM,
Although I have an unblemished Win column, and are currently taking a pasting, it is more interesting playing H2H. Generally, I only finish games I am losing!

The hex and counter product range is amazing. So much terrific digital and physical offerings.

The genre is healthy, if dispersed amongst many products.
05-21-2024, 10:23 PM,
(05-21-2024, 11:36 AM)Lethal Wrote: Although I have an unblemished Win column, and are currently taking a pasting, it is more interesting playing H2H.  Generally, I only finish games I am losing! 

The hex and counter product range is amazing.  So much terrific digital and physical offerings. 

The genre is healthy, if dispersed amongst many products.

Precisely!  I said for years that I would rather lose a good game than win a rout.  That anticipation of trying something and having it come off perfectly, or vice versa, the opening of a turn to find the situation not at all as you thought it would be because your opponent pulled off something excellent and now you have to content with the new reality.  Only a human opponent can give you that.
05-22-2024, 11:54 AM,
I am the Chinese college student in the China mentioned earlier by Steel God, and I am excited to join this greater community. But I'm not the head of the club, I'm just a player in the Chinese e-Wargaming community. We have a lot of players playing the JTS/WDS series against each other, and other wargames such as Combat Mission, Close Combat, FOG2, WITE and FCSS are also very popular (I'm also a big fan of Combat Mission).

Our numbers aren't huge (maybe a few hundred? Thousands of people? But there are probably only a few dozen that are really active), but I can always find a rival, after all, most people are in this as a long-term hobby, and we can keep playing.I'm not a board player, but I know there's a fair amount of people here who are keen on the board.We have a similar forum, but most people still connect via QQ (a social networking app) and play against each other via PBEM. We don't have tournaments or anything like that, but I think we can try to organize some small competitions.

What I'm saying is that for now, wargames like JTS are definitely not going to fade away, and they're going to stay hot. At least in my place, we always see new people joining us every month!

Best wishes to All :)
05-22-2024, 11:56 AM,
I am busy with my graduation thesis, but as soon as I finish this annoying job, I will get back here!
05-22-2024, 03:05 PM,
(05-21-2024, 03:24 AM)zovs66 Wrote: Not to mention but you also gain some new found friends along the way.

I currently have 19 games going on with 13 different folks.

If I was tinkering with the AI I'd have less then 2 games going on and I'd be bored.

(05-22-2024, 11:56 AM)KonigsbergSausage Wrote: I am busy with my graduation thesis, but as soon as I finish this annoying job, I will get back here!

nǐ hào xuéshēng kē nísī bǎo xiāngcháng!
05-23-2024, 02:56 AM,
(05-22-2024, 11:56 AM)KonigsbergSausage Wrote: I am busy with my graduation thesis, but as soon as I finish this annoying job, I will get back here!

You are very welcome as are any of your community who might wish to report their PBEM games here at the Blitz.