• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Book on the Noord Holland Campaign 1799
10-09-2018, 05:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-09-2018, 05:57 AM by Sgt_Rock.)
New Book on the Noord Holland Campaign 1799
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1912390205/?co..._lig_dp_it

The link above is for the book: The Secret Expedition: The Anglo-Russian Invasion of Holland 1799 by Geert van Uythoven

This book will be released by 2 Nov 2018 and its one that all of you wont want to miss. I will be sure to get a copy. Hoping to add in a new scenario or two for the RBR game for this campaign.

Geert sent me the OB info for the Battle of Bergen and gave me other information. Along with Mark van Hattem who helped playtest the battles of the campaign they helped me out immensely. I am going to be reading this book with interest and am sure it will lead to updates to the scenarios in RBR.

Enjoy!
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2018, 04:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-13-2018, 04:53 AM by phoenix.)
RE: New Book on the Noord Holland Campaign 1799
(10-09-2018, 05:56 AM)Sgt_Rock Wrote: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1912390205/?co..._lig_dp_it

The link above is for the book: The Secret Expedition: The Anglo-Russian Invasion of Holland 1799 by Geert van Uythoven

This book will be released by 2 Nov 2018 and its one that all of you wont want to miss. I will be sure to get a copy. Hoping to add in a new scenario or two for the RBR game for this campaign.

Geert sent me the OB info for the Battle of Bergen and gave me other information. Along with Mark van Hattem who helped playtest the battles of the campaign they helped me out immensely. I am going to be reading this book with interest and am sure it will lead to updates to the scenarios in RBR.

Enjoy!

Looks great, and I've played, enjoyed (and lost) Castricum. But I won't be able to buy it for $37, hardback. If it comes to kindle I'll get it.
10-13-2018, 11:24 AM,
Yes, the price is high for some people.

I am not sold on Kindle completely in that its always easier to find my places in a physical book and I can more easily open and go to the pages I want. Plus I do not need to power on a laptop/PC/tablet to do it.

I dont make notes in my books like some folks do - Kindle allows that which is nice.

There is also the knowledge that Amazon can revoke your right to use the books. If you somehow try and circumvent the system they can sue you and win. Their legal agreement is pretty ironcast. I did not realize this fully when I started buying Kindle books so I am buying some physical books again but just nowhere near as many as I used to have (I sold almost all of my books back in 2014).

Anyway, for me its a must have book because I not only need the book to continue working on the campaign but I want to show my support for Geert too. Its not every day that a book is put out in English like this.
11-24-2018, 02:11 AM,
My copy is on order and is being shipped to me and I should have it very soon. :)

Looking forward to seeing if it will help me add in some scenarios for RBR for that campaign. I also never did a "Campaign Scenario" because that operation was fought in phases which were longer than two weeks apart. It would be fun to have a scenario that uses the entire "Noord-Holland" map from RBR.
11-27-2018, 10:53 AM,
Book arrived today. Its a wonderful book with nice maps and I know I will be using it to revise or create new scenarios for the RBR game scenarios for this campaign.

The binding is superior - similar to a text book. Thus no dust jacket (read: that usually gets beat up and tossed out).