• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Locked ZOC vs. 'loose' ZOC
03-20-2017, 11:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-20-2017, 11:13 PM by carl11.)
Locked ZOC vs. 'loose' ZOC
Just wondering as  I am a relative newcomer to Pzr. Camp's.

I have played  Budapest and am now locked into the huge Rzhev Op Mars scn. .....after a few restarts;)

I have never played with the 'locked' ZOC option on.

John T. has a comment on the read me re: the Locked ZOC etc. as there is no 'continuous line' ergo. he created the locked ZOC as a way of providing the affect of one.

The loose ( Zero variable) seems fair to me and more 'playable', an enemy unit can 'zig zag' from an enemy ZOC to another but not thru....

I'd think with the locked ZOC, it would really grind the game down, one 250 class A/B inf. Co. or 'demi' Bn., in a bunker could literally stop 3300 men of equal class, inc. arty etc....

Thoughts? Do you play with a locked ZOC, if so why, ( or not).

I also have never played a game with the ZOC variable set as' One'....whats the game style difference re: One vs. a Zero setting?
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2017, 11:52 PM,
RE: Locked ZOC vs. 'loose' ZOC
Check this "Important Thread" located at the top of the TOC forum. 

It is most helpful especially if you are fairly new to the PzC series.

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=47923
03-21-2017, 03:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2017, 03:21 AM by carl11.)
RE: Locked ZOC vs. 'loose' ZOC
(03-20-2017, 11:52 PM)Compass Rose Wrote: Check this "Important Thread" located at the top of the TOC forum. 

It is most helpful especially if you are fairly new to the PzC series.

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=47923

Thx CR.

Interesting, helpful. I have already decided based on my exp. so far I need to make a few optional rule changes.

As far as the comment  "pushing cardboard", (I am most definitely of that Tribe,) not sure if I recall the significance of the Lock. ZOC or how this is similar or not...*shrugs*

I will assume almost no one uses Locking zones of control, so, this post is a dead letter.

PS- one rules comment apropos to game play I wish existed; a way to stop the infuriating, unrealistic coded mechanics that allows units that are Broken,  to come back to the front lines in that state. Forcing for example, your units at night to shoot at them, fatiguing the heck out of them........