• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

scenarios?
12-22-2016, 09:36 AM,
scenarios?
HI,
  I have been playing wargames for nearly 50 years and thought I would try some of these computer games. I like the scale of the Panzer Campaigns. I do have a quick question though. When a scenario description says it's made for head to head can I still play against it using the AI? I like the really giant scenarios and it seems they are all for hth. Thanks

Rob
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2016, 10:55 AM,
RE: scenarios?
Yes, all Panzer Campaign Scenarios can be played against the AI.
12-22-2016, 11:30 AM,
(12-22-2016, 10:55 AM)Deturk Wrote: Yes, all Panzer Campaign Scenarios can be played against the AI.

Much obliged, any recommendations. I have Sealion but I would like to try another.
Thx
12-22-2016, 11:35 AM,
We have heard many times through the years of table-top wargamers who are new to computer war games saying that they wish they would have found out about JTS games years ago, as they are the computer version of table-top war games they enjoyed playing so much.   Wink

When some one who is new to these games comes along, we normally suggest they start off by picking up a title or two that deals with a subject matter that interests them.  That way it will help make the learning curve a little easier.

These type of JTS games do have a AI however, these games really shine when you are involved in PBEM games.

JTS games are also very 3rd party art mod friendly and there are several mods out there to help make you games look really nice.

Also, don't forget that JTS has a WWI series (FWWC) and a modern combat series (MC), too!

JTS has top-notch customer support and they still support games they released 15+ years ago.

Feel free to "ask away" with any questions that you may have and just be forewarned, that JTS games can be very, very addicting.   Smile

Good Luck!
12-23-2016, 12:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-23-2016, 01:04 AM by Kool Kat.)
Hey Rob:  Smoke7

Welcome to the Blitz!  Big Grin

Chad gave an excellent response to your inquiry.

IMHO these games really "shine" when you play against a human opponent. I never play against the AI.

Also, you can review player's profiles to see what PzC game titles they own and play. May give you some guidance on what titles are popular with players.

So, pick-up a few games that interest you... mod them... and then post an "opponent wanted" thread here!

You'll be glad you did!   Wink
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
12-23-2016, 03:24 AM,
(12-22-2016, 09:36 AM)Morholt Wrote: HI,
  I have been playing wargames for nearly 50 years and thought I would try some of these computer games. I like the scale of the Panzer Campaigns. I do have a quick question though. When a scenario description says it's made for head to head can I still play against it using the AI? I like the really giant scenarios and it seems they are all for hth. Thanks

Rob

Hi,im new here but id just like to mention im really into John Tillers latest project Battles of Normandy(and Kursk too)and BoN has a Monster of a D-Day scenario called "The Longest Day"20,000 hexes i think it was last time i looked :) very very impressive indeed,and it comes with the latest artwork on the counters,you can also use NATO if you so wish,i prefer the Art with the smaller Nato icons int he corner.Once you can play one of these games Morholt,you can play ALL of them.Great fun dropping the Paratroop units one at a time wondering if your going to land on top of a german! TEEHEEOnce ive mastered it a bit more,or even finished this Longest day then i think im going to try my first Ladder:) this looks like a great little community here,and id love to join in with you guys too.regards.
12-23-2016, 06:23 AM,
Welcome aboard, Ickie!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
12-23-2016, 07:59 AM,
(12-23-2016, 03:24 AM)IckieStickie Wrote:
(12-22-2016, 09:36 AM)Morholt Wrote: HI,

Rob

Hi,im new here but id just like to mention im really into John Tillers latest project Battles of Normandy(and Kursk too)and BoN has a Monster of a D-Day scenario called "The Longest Day"20,000 hexes i think it was last time i looked :) very very impressive indeed,and it comes with the latest artwork on the counters,you can also use NATO if you so wish,i prefer the Art with the smaller Nato icons int he corner.Once you can play one of these games Morholt,you can play ALL of them.Great fun dropping the Paratroop units one at a time wondering if your going to land on top of a german! TEEHEEOnce ive mastered it a bit more,or even finished this Longest day then i think im going to try my first Ladder:) this looks like a great little community here,and id love to join in with you guys too.regards.

Thanks everyone for  the help and kind words, I am looking forward to many, many hours of computer wargaming bliss. (Especially since I am retiring soon and the wife will be t work and my son at school)