• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Christmas a cautionary tale (Or Ageods Wars of Napoleon and how I got lucky)
12-04-2015, 05:30 AM,
News  Christmas a cautionary tale (Or Ageods Wars of Napoleon and how I got lucky)
Long tale and unsure of the moral of the story but thought it was something I would like to share. Right to begin at the begining on Saturday I managed to secure all my partners Christmas presents in one very fortunate Pandora shop. After which I was hounded into choosing my own Christmas presents. Following a little flirting with the thought of an X box one I plumped to use the Matrix Holiday Sale and get myself a lot of titles missing from my Wargame collection. So December 2nd I pressed the button and added 8 great titles at what I thought was great value.
   Then the horrow began I woke December 3rd see a post at Matrix aptly named December 3rd questioning the release of Ageods Wars of Napoleon I was gobsmaked gutted miffed and a little angry. This for me would be a must have title and I had just spent all of my partners hard earnt money on other titles. So I posted my anger on Ageod and Matrix forums berating a lack of advertising a lack of PR as I was still upset at missing such a title. Either way to cut to the chase after calming down I rechecked the forum and checked the price £27.99 english now for me that was very reasonable for a title with a proven game engine covering a era in history of interest to me. So I grovelled and I pleaded agreed I was an idiot a fool and probably should have got her that extra Pandorra charm in return for this she at last consented to allow me the extra title for Christmas so I'm now more than made up as it is a title I have long desired. Whose fault it was that I missed the release date well I've already agreed I'm a fool and an idiot but the extra title is one of the one I'm most looking forward to playing come the big day. Till then I'm hoping I can still fire up the BETA but will secure the actual purchase when she arrives home tonight before I check out whether that is still possible
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2015, 06:43 PM,
RE: Christmas a cautionary tale (Or Ageods Wars of Napoleon and how I got lucky)
[quote pid='406125' dateline='1449171016']
I'd say the moral of the tale there is to be a bit more creative. Buy it yourself rather than ask the partner for it. It's a very good price. In the unlikely event she notices a new game amongst the other new games you will already have, merely lie. The bigger the lie the bigger the man I say. And it is cheaper than having to reciprocate with another present to the partner. Say it was a gift from another opponent so that you can play him. Stress the gender so as not to arouse further jealousy and suspicion. Bob from Canada is suitably vague. Canada is a big place and there must be a few Bob's there. It works for me anyway.
[/quote]
Quote this message in a reply