• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Wagram AI slider bar
02-25-2013, 11:06 AM,
Wagram AI slider bar
Hi,

I think there may be a bug in the AI advantage slider bar for Wagram v1.09. When I set the slider bar all the way to the right or left of the bar and when the side with the advantage shoots and hit a target (all except artillery) the whole entire unit is destroyed no matter how strong they are 100 or 1000. And if I moved the slider bar from 1 to 9 clicks or anywhere in between to the left or right on the AI advantage slider bar the differences in the combat results are not very noticeable almost as if the slider bar is still in the center, is anyone else getting this in there game against the AI?
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2013, 11:49 AM,
RE: Wagram AI slider bar
Er, no.

If you're finding that you need to tweak the AI's advantage to make for a good game, you should try playing a human.

It's much more fun, and you'll learn more.
02-25-2013, 11:50 AM,
Thanks for letting us know what you found. I'll pass it on.
02-26-2013, 10:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-26-2013, 10:54 AM by EisenHammer.)
(02-25-2013, 11:49 AM)Liebchen Wrote: Er, no.

If you're finding that you need to tweak the AI's advantage to make for a good game, you should try playing a human.

It's much more fun, and you'll learn more.

So are you saying that you don't get the same combat results that I get when I am playing against the AI…
OR… are you saying that you don't play against the AI at all?

I agree… Going against a human is a lot more challenging than going against the AI. Right now I'm in a multiplayer game of Leipzig that creeping along at 1 turn a week at most. And it will probably be the last time I ever play a four player multiplayer game again.
It's just... too… damn… slow!!!

And most of the time I just like going against the AI and finish a game in a day or two or three.
I get a good enough challenge with the old Napoleonic battleground games from Matrix games. Setting the AI slider bar 2 or 3 spaces in favor of the AI. And some of the Civil War games from HPS also provide a good challenge. So… yeah I just got Wagram and I think the AI slider bar is FUBAR.
(02-25-2013, 11:50 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Thanks for letting us know what you found. I'll pass it on.

02-26-2013, 11:09 AM,
(02-26-2013, 10:53 AM)EisenHammer Wrote: So are you saying that you don't get the same combat results that I get when I am playing against the AI…
OR… are you saying that you don't play against the AI at all?

Sorry if I came across a bit snarky, btw, it wasn't my intent.

I'm saying that I don't play the AI. I used to, when I had no pbem turns available, but no longer. It's just too damned boring. The AI has no imagination and makes all sorts of stupid mistakes.

(Team games are a challenge for the reasons that you've stated. I'm in a couple and if it weren't for my 1-on-1 games I'd be annoyed, but it's really the only way for me to be able to play a full campaign in some of the larger titles.)