• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WinSPWW2 ceasefire?
02-05-2012, 12:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-05-2012, 12:25 PM by Weasel.)
RE: WinSPWW2 ceasefire?
(02-05-2012, 10:48 AM)Gila Wrote:
(02-05-2012, 06:30 AM)Wodin Wrote: I've never liked an AI that cheats with modifiers, I was hoping it would use some sort of strategy.

If you don't want to change modifiers.

Since we all know the AI is obsessed with capturing VH's,you can place them closer to their side in a meeter,not as in defend but making them easier to take without being so reckless,and make those VH's of little value.

That way the AI goes to a more defensive posture where they may stand off reckless manuever and counter attack if possible,thus acting more "human like".

This should work in campaigns as well,

Just a theory as i've never tried it,but i'm sure the AI will not lose as much armor as it does early in battle ;)

This is an excellent suggestion. Walrus and I use to set up our flags as follows: 5 flags each set up 10 -20 hexes from the middle of the map on each side (so if middle is row 70 then 5 flags on rows 50-60 and 80-90) and the next 5 another 10 back from those. This made an ME game an assault and defend battle at the same time and far more fun then run to the middle and sit on the flags. For the AI maybe set 14 on his side and 6 on your side.
(02-05-2012, 06:30 AM)Wodin Wrote: I've never liked an AI that cheats with modifiers, I was hoping it would use some sort of strategy.

Agreed, it is how Talonsoft use to try and level their AI for their civil war games and it sucked. My muskets kill 1 guy but the same volley from the AI kills 10.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2012, 02:32 AM,
Sounds like a great idea..I shall try that next battle.

(02-05-2012, 12:24 PM)Weasel Wrote:
(02-05-2012, 10:48 AM)Gila Wrote:

If you don't want to change modifiers.

Since we all know the AI is obsessed with capturing VH's,you can place them closer to their side in a meeter,not as in defend but making them easier to take without being so reckless,and make those VH's of little value.

That way the AI goes to a more defensive posture where they may stand off reckless manuever and counter attack if possible,thus acting more "human like".

This should work in campaigns as well,

Just a theory as i've never tried it,but i'm sure the AI will not lose as much armor as it does early in battle ;)

This is an excellent suggestion. Walrus and I use to set up our flags as follows: 5 flags each set up 10 -20 hexes from the middle of the map on each side (so if middle is row 70 then 5 flags on rows 50-60 and 80-90) and the next 5 another 10 back from those. This made an ME game an assault and defend battle at the same time and far more fun then run to the middle and sit on the flags. For the AI maybe set 14 on his side and 6 on your side.

Agreed, it is how Talonsoft use to try and level their AI for their civil war games and it sucked. My muskets kill 1 guy but the same volley from the AI kills 10.

Send this user an email
02-06-2012, 09:32 AM,
Keep us informed on how it goesHelmet Wink