• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

i cant see my help manual
08-12-2011, 03:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-12-2011, 03:52 AM by kfly.)
i cant see my help manual
what program would i need to be able to read the ingame info of the units .....when i use f1 fo example it doesnt show the manual
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2011, 10:32 PM,
RE: i cant see my help manual
If you are on Vista or Win7, they do not support the old style Windows Help files (*.hlp).

If that is what's happening to you, check out the following link to restore the .hlp function to Windows.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917607

Mike
08-14-2011, 04:52 AM,
(08-12-2011, 03:51 AM)kfly Wrote: what program would i need to be able to read the ingame info of the units .....when i use f1 fo example it doesnt show the manual

It would be best to use the Unit Viewer that is available from the Start --> Programs (or Programs Files) --> John Tillers Campaign Series --> Unit Viewer. This will give you a complete a listing of all the platoons available in the Campaign Series.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
08-14-2011, 05:13 AM,
I just found the unti viewer last week,good job on that, its a nice feature.

Dragoon
08-16-2011, 12:04 PM,
(08-12-2011, 10:32 PM)Mike Abberton Wrote: If you are on Vista or Win7, they do not support the old style Windows Help files (*.hlp).

If that is what's happening to you, check out the following link to restore the .hlp function to Windows.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917607

Mike

Thanks Mike! It worked great for me. The manual probably has all that, but I find the "F3" parameter data handy. Plus I couldn't find the modifier for shooting up/down hill in the manual; but it was easy to find in parameter screen.

Tim

Send this user an email