• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

selective "next unit" feature?
04-27-2011, 08:37 PM,
selective "next unit" feature?
With many units and a large map, it can be a challenge to find and move units on the map ... some you want to move and some you want to stay put. The "next unit" feature is very useful in cycling through the units on the map. One of the problems with that feature, however, is that it cycles through units from West to East (I think that's right). So you are fighting a long a front that goes from North to South, the next unit feature tends to jump you all over the map making it more of a challenge to move one's units coherently. I wonder if there would be the possibility of making the "next unit" feature more selective? That is allow one to switch the from a W to E next unit to a N to S next unit. Or, since I'm wishing, even specifying a next unit within a particular formation (Army group, army, corps or division). This would be particularly helpful when playing a team game where you want to ignore all those units that don't belong to your command. Just an idea to put on the table to make life easier for those of use that might be challenged :)

Of course, one could hook up one's PC to a 50" monitor...

Larry
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2011, 03:47 AM,
RE: selective "next unit" feature?
I don't think this is as easy as it sounds - not only is the current Next Next Next, working left to right on the screen as you deduced, it is also working line by line through the file.
Send this user an email
04-28-2011, 07:33 AM,
Don't forget about the "moved" icon, which I use fairly often to see if I've forgotten anyone.
04-28-2011, 08:15 AM,
Good point, i often use this tool when i don't want to scroll through every unit, often using a couple of the tools available in tandem can allow you to work around most issues.