• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Quick, but dumb, question!
04-27-2011, 02:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-27-2011, 02:36 PM by larsonney.)
Quick, but dumb, question!
I am sure this is easy to find in the rules, but I am looking for a quick answer from my Blitz friends!

If you have an unit attempting to dig-in on a dusk turn...and on your next turn (a night turn) that unit is still digging in, does it gain fatigue for that night turn if you cancel the dig-in order & do nothing else with it?

Thanks...Jon
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2011, 02:59 PM,
RE: Quick, but dumb, question!
Yes, AFAICR, digging in keeps the unit from resting and will accumulate night fatigue if you are using that optional rule.
Send this user an email
04-27-2011, 03:05 PM,
But specifically for a unit that has the digging in cancelled during your turn, I don't think it would get fatigue as it would show as not using any movement and wouldn't be checked for digging in. But without a test of it I am not sure.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
04-27-2011, 05:01 PM,
Yup don't dig in at night unless that IP/trench is vital or the unit has very low fatigue assuming the night fatigue OR is being used. ;)
04-27-2011, 11:11 PM,
(04-27-2011, 05:01 PM)Foul. Wrote: Yup don't dig in at night unless that IP/trench is vital or the unit has very low fatigue assuming the night fatigue OR is being used. ;)

Right...I knew this. I was trying to determine if a unit that was digging in the previous turn was not successful, if you cancel the dig-in order, does that still unit still accumulate fatigue?

I guess I will find out shortly when I get my turn back!

Thanks...Jon
04-28-2011, 08:11 AM,
In theory no fatigue would be added as cancelling the order leaves the unit with 100% of its MP allowance, however we are not 100% sure without a test that this is what happens in practise as cancelling the order might be assumed by the engine to be "movement", but my guess is that it is not. ;)
04-28-2011, 09:59 AM,
that was my theory, but I didn't know if anyone knew what actually occurs...I will post the results when I get my turn back with the unit in question...thanks!

Jon
04-28-2011, 03:23 PM,
When Playing a monster like F 14 where hundreds of units are often digging, it would be nice to be able to hi-light those units to avoid these problems, especially since the probability for success in F 14 is so low. Every dusk turn I have to seek them out and as the front runs from the Channel almost to der Schweiz I often find even crack troops with high fatigue because they slipped through my net. Jonny Fiery:(
04-29-2011, 11:00 AM,
So my test is over...and rats! They accumulate fatigue!

So I guess if you don't want to accumulate fatigue you have to stop the dig-in order on the dusk turn...unless you gamble they dig-in on the turn...

Jon
04-29-2011, 05:20 PM,
OK thanks for the info! :)