• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Command question - Kharkov
09-30-2010, 04:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-30-2010, 05:02 AM by herr_oberst.)
Command question - Kharkov
I am playing FSR scenario (you can see a parcial DAR in the AAR section) and for some reason, all my high HQs have their names in yellow (out of command), from Manstein himself to Corps Commanders.
I got them nearer the supply sources, but that didn´t help.
Somebody knows what is happening?
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2010, 05:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-30-2010, 06:15 AM by Ricky B.)
RE: Command question - Kharkov
I believe the yellow indicates out of command range of their higher HQ. It may be that Manstein's HQ will be out of comm no matter what, but see if you move him close to a subordinate HQ whether that removes the yellow highlight for the subordinate anyway, when within command range.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
09-30-2010, 05:45 AM,
(09-30-2010, 04:59 AM)herr_oberst Wrote: I got them nearer the supply sources, but that didn´t help.
For this issue the supply sources don't play a role, once a HQ is within the command range of their higher HQ the yellow will disappear.
09-30-2010, 09:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-30-2010, 09:50 AM by herr_oberst.)
Thanks for your answers.
The rules state: "When a unit is beyond the Nominal Command Range of its HQ unit, or that HQ does not exist, then the unit is considered Detached."
So, as Ricky B sayed, the higher HQs will ever be "detached" and their subordinates must be into their range to be shown in white.
The answer was in the Manual, wich I should have read thoroughly before, so my apologies for that, but maybe this may help someone else who had this same doubt.
Or maybe I shall wait for Hitler, who arrives at Dniepopetrovsk in mid february. Let´s see if he himself is "detached" Big Grin
09-30-2010, 09:52 AM,
Hitler should have been "detached" before 1939.
10-01-2010, 05:21 AM,
(09-30-2010, 09:45 AM)herr_oberst Wrote: The answer was in the Manual, wich I should have read thoroughly before, so my apologies for that, but maybe this may help someone else who had this same doubt.
No problem, as we all know not everything is in the manual, so that is why we try to answer any questions we can. Big Grin