When is it better to rest than attack.
Low Ammo?
What level of fatigue
Should you every rest Art?
Looking for a general rule of thumb
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2010, 11:52 AM,
RE: Questions regarding Rest
I guess as a general rule of thumb. I don't attack with low ammo units unless the defenders are disrupted - I definitely avoid firefights with them, unless the enemy is very outnumbered.

I will rest units in the red fatigue, as much as possible. Yellow sometimes also, but if most units are yellow fatigue I will rest half and use the other half, if attacking and it makes sense to do so.

Artillery fires as much as possible, very rarely rest them.

I will rest and rebuild when I feel my units will gain more than the enemy, again I will normally keep a bit of pressure on with a few units and the artillery while doing this. I will frequently alternate attacks in different areas and then rest, to allow my troops to gain a small advantage that can then be leveraged with a heavier attack later on.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
04-20-2010, 12:17 PM,
To add a little bit to what Ricky B said, I try to keep a reserve & rotate units in out of the line. This does work better in the longer scenarios becuase this process can take a little extra time.
04-22-2010, 03:47 AM,
Another good time to rest is during Storms. You can't move much anyway and attacks are at a disadvantage. But again, this all depends on circumstance.

Larry