• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PDT Tables
02-24-2010, 06:39 PM,
PDT Tables
I didn't want to post this on the mud issue thread as it may lead away from what is being discussed there. It may sound a silly question but there may be others like myself who don't know the answer to this and would like to know.
There's just so much to learn in these games and a little help now and then is a good thing.
So can someone please tell me how you alter the PDT tables I keep reading that is what to do if you don't like something in a game but I am at a loss to know how to do it.

Cheers Gordoncheers
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2010, 08:20 PM,
RE: PDT Tables
You should have a file in each game folder called mcparam or pcparam.exe. Just open it up choose the .pdt file you wish to edit and go from there. There is a help file to assist.
Word of warning............. be very very carefull before changing anything one small error can trash the entire game if you input an incorrect value ! Ensure you save the original .pdt file elsewhere before you begin tweaking !
02-25-2010, 12:24 AM,
Also, don't change the stock pdt files period. If you do and play HTH it would be potential cheating, and every update from HPS would overwrite your changes too. Save the changed PDT to a different name, and then change it in the scenario you want to use it in - using notepad or something to open the scenario file in text mode and change the pdt file in it.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
02-25-2010, 07:17 AM,
Indeed never change the stock PDT file, always make a copy and then you can mess around with that all you like without any danger.
02-26-2010, 08:22 AM,
The same will happen if you cahnge the VM _alt scn, pdt, oob files.

It is best to make a copy of any file you wish to modify. For any PBEM game, both sides must have the same files scn, pdt, oob etc. or it could result in game crashes, or appear to be cheating since the other side does not have the same files / modifications.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
02-26-2010, 10:27 PM,
Thanks all for that it seems you have to be very careful about this, although it sounds a useful thing to be able to do.

Gordon cheers