• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Plotted
07-19-2009, 05:33 AM,
Plotted
OK this is gonna blow the veil of secrecy away in my game but I've never came across this before.
Have selected "bridge ops " for a US 44 Arm Eng Bn and I'm gett'in " Plotted " displayed in the unit panel instead of " Bridge Ops ".
Are we constructing a pontoon or is this something carried over from the scenario editor, please somebody explain what is happening.
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2009, 05:48 AM,
RE: Plotted
Are you playing with tweaked/alternative files? I had this once, after inadvertently changing the unit class from Engineer to Armor (instead of Tracked, them being AVLB units).

Hope that helps,

Hans
Send this user an email
07-19-2009, 06:06 AM,
Yes we are playing Indragnir's Normandy # Grand Campaign.

So does this mean I am unable to construct a pontoon.

Looks like the game is broken, because the defensive value of the terrain was increased and the stacking limit reduced, therefore the Allied advance is slowed enabling the Germans to blow all the bridges.

OK it's only my opinion but but this reduces my options.
07-19-2009, 06:26 AM,
"Plotted" somehow sounds hopeful but I'm afraid you'll be waiting indefinitely for your bridge to materialise.

Can't you change it with the editor — or is that considered cheating? Surely you opponent might agree that this needs a fix.

Actually, it might not work in a running game... Oh well, only one way to find out.
Send this user an email
07-19-2009, 11:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-19-2009, 11:03 AM by Volcano Man.)
Sounds like a bug with the text string. Perhaps the text string for "Bridge Ops" is getting mixed up with this other one. Either way, I don't think it has any effect on the building of the bridge, it is just a label you see that is messed up. Just run a simple test and tell an engineer to build a bridge and see if it ever occurs.

I wouldn't read too much into the text string either, there are lots of unused text strings and nationalities in these games. ;)
Send this user an email
07-19-2009, 06:57 PM,
Thanks to everyone for the answers, will wait and see what progress is made over the following turns.
07-19-2009, 11:19 PM,
I set up a test on it for you, and the engineer wiht plotted never did get a bridge up in 15 turns. So I would say the engineer needs to have the type changed from Armor to Engineer, assuming that is how it is set. Then you might need to restart the building of the bridge.

You and your opponent need to discuss the importance of it, and both use the same changed OOB.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]