• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Railroads in Modern Campaigns
02-10-2009, 08:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2009, 08:30 AM by T-34.)
Railroads in Modern Campaigns
Hi, please somebody explain to me why railroads are missing in Danube'85, FG '85 and NGP'85? :conf:
Sorry for my English:rolleyes:
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2009, 09:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2009, 09:10 AM by alaric99x.)
RE: Railroads in Modern Campaigns
Another guy who lives in Albania, why are there so many Albanians on this site?

(Privet tovarish, ti navernoe iz Rossii. - and the English you wrote in this post is excellent.)
02-10-2009, 07:50 PM,
About Albanians it is a joke...
Maybe my question is incorrect but i don't
understand for what exist "Rail Mode" in Danube Front '85 if railroads are missing?!
Germany without railroads it's strange

To alaric99x:
Da, ya iz Rossii, tovarish.
02-10-2009, 10:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2009, 11:00 PM by alaric99x.)
T-34 Wrote:About Albanians it is a joke...

Indeed, a joke, no harm intended.

I always like to look and see where people are from. It seems that if you don't enter a country in your profile, the system selects "Albania."

Actually it's my wife who speaks Russian, she was born and raised in Minsk. Where are you from, or where are you now?

Sorry I don't have a useful answer to your original question, but we have some very knowledgeable people on this site, I'm sure the anwers and opinions will be coming soon.
02-10-2009, 11:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2009, 11:31 PM by Lowlander.)
Well I'm not a knowledgeable person but moving any distance by road in travel mode in these games is bad enough, due to the air interdiction.
So I think railroad movement would be suicidal.
This is based on my last performance with WARPAC forces !!!.
02-10-2009, 11:30 PM,
Its part of the engine of the game... its there even if its not used...
02-11-2009, 08:33 AM,
ileonu Wrote:Its part of the engine of the game... its there even if its not used...

What does this mean?

I too have wondered why RRs are not mapped in the game; if only for travel avenues as in WWII and not as a means of transport.
02-11-2009, 08:56 AM,
The person who made the original map decided that in a short sharp war, movement of units by rail would not be an option. So when my partner and I took the FG85 Map and moved to NGP we carried on with the design that was established in FG85.

I am pretty sure there is no Rail Movement in ME67 - not sure about Korea - but if this causes a problem we can I suppose have RR Movement removed as an Option in MC completely.

But as someone else said here and another in a recent post - when something is added to the Series it is in ALL GAMES of the Series - so you can have a Battle Ship in Smolensk if your so inclined.

Glenn
Send this user an email