• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Divisional colors
03-27-2009, 03:00 AM,
RE: Divisional colors
What I find amazing is how often two adjacent divisions will have similiar colors.
I think in Kursk there are 3 divisions, all a shade of green, that start out together. Man they can be hard to sort out after a few turns of hard fighting!
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2009, 05:51 AM,
steel god Wrote:Sentimental old fool that I am, I love the foreign unit designations. They add flavor. Big Grin

I agree. :smoke:

I like to have the German names with the German units, Italians etc... We can always figure out what they mean by looking at the NATO symbol. ;)
Send this user an email
03-27-2009, 05:54 AM,
Glenn Saunders Wrote:
Tortue Agile Wrote:But then every time there is an update on the oob you will have to re-do it...

I don't think so - Df85 doesn't have Spanish and I suspect the OOB Rev is referring to is not the default OOB.

Anyway - always a fine line knowing how much "foreign nomenclatures" are best to use in any game. I know I still have trouble with the French and Belgians in F40 even with the key we provided in the notes. It is just not intutitive to me - but other like yourself are perfectly comfortable with it.

Glenn

Yeah, specifically referring to Zemke's WW3 mod for D85 but there have been others like F40 that Glenn refers to.

Yes, yes, I do like German titles (Panzer, Pionier, Werfer, etc..) but sometimes it went overboard beyond my knowledge of what was referred to -- like Minsk44s "Sonderkommando" & "Feldstafgef". It got worse when I did my own research for MG44. My mod is really bad with confusing nomenclature -- I guess I don't practice what I'm preaching here. ;)

Now, once I go beyond German to other nationalities, the confusion escalates exponentially!!! Eek

-Bob
03-31-2009, 05:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-31-2009, 05:08 AM by Hank.)
These are good ideas. I never thought there could be a way to change the color of a division. I typically keep "highlight organization" ON to distinguish one division from another (or one Corp or Army distinguished). You need to try and keep the HQ's whereabouts known so you can click on them to highlight all units under their control. I wish the highlight was a little more obvious. I switch between the red and white highlights to make them more visible against the map colors.
03-31-2009, 07:31 AM,
I used an image editor to increase the size of my highlight, to make it very obvious when looking at the map....

[Image: test.jpg]

I also made the rivers bluer, so they stand out...