• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

D85 Ferry/Pontoon Bug?
09-10-2008, 12:26 PM,
D85 Ferry/Pontoon Bug?
I am playing the Warsaw Pact in a game of D85 and have run up against something I wanted to ask about.

My Czechoslovak bridge engineers constructed a pontoon bridge across the Danube right over a hex that has a ferry. I assumed the pontoon would overwrite the ferry, or that if for some reason a pontoon could not be laid in a ferry hex, the game would not permit it.

The pontoon was successfully laid. But then units continued to move across the Danube as if a ferry, not pontoon, was there, e.g. taking the whole move just to move into the full river hex. The hex info box says a PONTOON is there, the graphic is present in the hex, but the hex continues to function solely as a ferry in terms of movement.

Anyone else have this problem? Is this a bug? Working as designed? If it is a bug, is there going to be a fix?

Not sure if this is a Modern Campaigns-wide issue, e.g. affects ME67 too. This is the first time I have encountered the issue.

Thanks in advance.
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2008, 12:45 AM,
RE: D85 Ferry/Pontoon Bug?
to ask you , we need to know where are all your bridges .Big Grin
09-12-2008, 03:20 AM,
If you send a file showing the issue to Glenn [email protected] i am sure he will be able to give you an answer. ;)
09-13-2008, 04:43 AM,
greg Wrote:to ask you , we need to know where are all your bridges .Big Grin

You will find out soon! :whis: