• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Whats happening at the FGM
03-28-2008, 03:15 AM,
Whats happening at the FGM
With all this talk of tournaments and tournament co-ordinators I thought it was an ideal time to bring up whats happening over at the FGM for those of you that have not joined us or are unaware of what we do.

The Few Good Men (FGM) runs tournaments... ummm thats about it. Not any old tournaments though, we have some of the best tournaments currently being played in the CM community IMO (biased of course). The FGM is open to all Blitz members to join as all results get recorded on the Blitz ladder.

Just pop over to www.thefewgoodmen.com and register on the forum to join... simple.

Anyway we currently have running:

[Image: EUROPA-header.gif]

This has been running for a while now and 170 battles have been completed. The joy of it is you can step in play a battle and then step out returning a month latter to view the ever changing front lines and pick up another battle. At present the Allies are pushing hard in North Africa but suffering badly in the Battle of Britain and on the Eastern Front.

The Axis have 26 commanders and the Allies have 24. As you can imagine there are usually a lot of battles going on.

[Image: EUROPA-map88.jpg]

Next up is...

[Image: TTTheader.jpg]

The Tag Team Tournament is currently on Rd 2. In the Tag Team Tourney you form a team with your pal... me and Rico are a team for instance and you mirror battle the game against your opponents, I took the Allies in the battle against Nort (who is teamed with mTk) and Rico took the Axis against mTk.

Results are recorded on a League table.

http://www.rico.co.za/TTT/

[Image: BBB2-header.gif]

In Byte Battle Brawl it is again a league format but the battles are small byte battles (usually around 600-800 pts IIRC). This is really popular as it has a quick turnaround.

Also running is Easing the Pressure which is more of a roleplaying campaign than anything.

It is 3 a side and is proving great fun to play in and control. the back ground is...

Allied troops continue to put pressure on the 14th Army, which holds out both in the Albano sector and near Lanuvio.

South of the Alban Hills the 141st regiment of the US 36th Division have taken Velletri after a hard struggle, and the II Corps open the final offensive towards Rome, making for Highway 6; on the left flank the 85th Division attacks Monte Ceraso, meeting strong resistance.

On the right flank of the US II Corps, the American 3rd Division launches an offensive towars the north, in the direction of Valmontone.

With the Gustav Line breached Field Marshall Kesselring, Commander in Chief of Army Group C, orders the 10th and 14th Armies to carry out a fighting withdrawal to the Gothic Line.

Kesslering has ordered that some areas are fortified to hold up the Allied advance to give the 10th and 14th a chance of escaping.

Below is the map of one such area. A small village by the name of Domatore.

[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]

As you can see the map is real... both sides have been given an objective... a map... and an OOB and it is entirely up to them how they proceed.

When opponents bump into one another a cm battle is instigated using the cm map editor to get as close a likeness to the area corresponding with the real map as possible.

Another 3 on 3 game recently launched is a small North African Campaign.

[Image: desertwartitlepage.jpg]

This is proving popular too and a new recruit to the FGM from the Blitz - Jolly Roger stepped straight into it after joining.

FGM Six Week Challenge.

The 6 week challenge is a small league table with members having the opportunity to challenge other members to a small sided game and record the result on this ladder. At the end of 6 weeks the ladder leader receives a prize.

A couple of the prizes given out so far for competition winners are...

[Image: 7823_1.jpg]

A commemorative book published in 1984 to celebrate 40 years since the US Airborne parachuted into St Mere Eglise. It is in French and English and was bought in St Mere Eglise during the celebration. As US veterans were invited it got signed by 2 of them who were there on the day....

[Image: 7795_1.jpg]

Another prize recently handed out was this....

Grunwald Badge
(Odznaka Grunwaldzka)

Instituted on July 22, 1945 by the Commander-in-Chief of the Polish Armed Forces. Conferred in two classes: silver (for general ranks) and bronze (for other officers and men) to all soldiers who served directlyin the battle zone. This decoration is a counterpart to the American Combat Infantryman Badge.

This was a genuine Grunwald Badge and was awarded to one of our Polish members.

[Image: pl3bgr.jpg]

We also hand out the usual chest confetti to members who take part in tournaments... and if you win a tournament you get not only a genuine WW2 memorabilia/militaria prize but also a medal to display in your signature.

Anyway thats all for now.

We are in the process of organising 2 new tournaments so i shall keep you posted when they are released.

Bootie
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2008, 03:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-28-2008, 03:44 AM by Colonel Talvela.)
RE: Whats happening at the FGM
where is the signup and rules for the 3 on 3 NA campaign?
03-28-2008, 03:43 AM,
Its full at present but you can put your name down as reserve.

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/forum/viewt...106&t=2556
03-28-2008, 08:22 AM,
Welcome aboard TagCM
03-29-2008, 07:14 AM,
Hmmm Bootie I never realized you guys had that much going on. I may jump into something myself.

Oh and COL, we have yet to meet, and we need to do so soon, I bought a house in OKC and will be moving the family there by the end of June. We should grab a coffee at StarBucks one evening or something. Drop me an e-mail regardless.
03-29-2008, 08:19 AM,
Your more than welcome to join at any time Zemke.
04-01-2008, 04:54 AM,
I will vouch for them (FGM) Domination has been a blast, Easing the Pressure has put a new twist on CM tourneys. They are doing great things to keep CM alive (as well as yourselves here). Thanks to all for keeping CM going.
warhammer11a:bow: