• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Fresh Volunteer
02-11-2008, 12:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-11-2008, 12:25 AM by Bigwig.)
Fresh Volunteer
Looking for a small Matrix Battleground game to get me out of Boot Camp.
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2008, 03:55 AM,
RE: Fresh Volunteer
HiHi

If you still need a game to get out of Boot camp, I'll do you 'Give them Rocks' of Bull Run, at 4 turns I think it's the quickest, all optional rules on.

You choose side or "No's" re optional rules (except ADF thats a "No" for me)

Either email me or post here.

All the Best
Peter (The Other Kingmaker)
02-13-2008, 09:34 PM,
Sounds good to me. I'll be the rebs; send me your turn when you are ready.
02-13-2008, 10:29 PM,
HiHi

OK it will be with you later to-day.

All the Best
Peter
03-17-2008, 02:48 PM,
I'm also in Boot Camp. Anyone want to help me out? I like South Mountain map as the Union.
03-18-2008, 09:07 AM,
Hi Three63,

Just so everyone is clear, what game are you asking for and is it a original Talonsoft or one of the new matrix ones? This will help you get a game going faster and ensure no misunderstandings.

Thanks
Thunder
Ladder Custodian
03-18-2008, 07:54 PM,
HiHi

Three63, if it helps I'll do the smallest scenierio with you to get you out of Boot camp (see helping newbies post).

I have the new Matrix set and as far as I know (but could be wrong) they are compatable with the fully patched older versions.

You choose side, I prefer all Optional rules on EXCEPT ADF, sorry won't play with that.

If interested email me or post here.

All the Best
Peter (The Other Kingmaker)
03-18-2008, 09:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-18-2008, 09:20 PM by Three63.)
Many thanks and hello all. I have the Matrix bundle. I'm most familiar with the Antietam game. So I would prefer that. With the Op. Rules I've never played a game with 'Extreme Fog of War'. But I'll still give it a go. How about 15. Carnage in the Cornfield with all rules expect Automated Defence Fire, myself as the Confederates? What smallest scenario are you speaking about anyhow? I'm new to PBEM, but I got a good idea of what to do thanks to the FAQ.
03-19-2008, 12:54 AM,
HiHi
OK, 15. 'Carnage in the Cornfield' it is, you as the 'Good guys'.

With 'Extreme fog of War' on you will only get a rough idea of numbers e.g. 3?? or ?? (= under 100) and the names of regiments will only be shown when you are in immediate contact. I will set it up and forward to you later.

Remember this game ain't about 'winning or losing' it's to get you out of Boot camp so please ask if there is anything you are unsure about, and I will do my best to help (check out 'Bits & bobs' for Newbies post, some stuff that may be useful there).

Welcome to the Club, "Good Luck & Good Hunting" ... although not too much of it against me! :-)

All the best
Peter