02-08-2008, 08:03 PM,
Off Topic  The sinking of a Fiji Class Cruiser
This set of pictures are from my last patrol in Silent Hunter 3

[Image: SilentHunter3GCS0010.jpg]

[Image: SilentHunter3GCS0011.jpg]

[Image: SilentHunter3GCS0012.jpg]

[Image: SilentHunter3GCS0013.jpg]

[Image: SilentHunter3GCS0014.jpg]
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2008, 11:13 PM,
RE: The sinking of a Fiji Class Cruiser
Great pics mate, I'd buy SH myself but it's only on dvd and i ain't got no dvd drive (sniffle)
02-09-2008, 12:26 AM,
Ahoy there shipmate! :)
I never realised you had sea legs Antoni Big Grin
Lovely screenies!!
Alas, I own the game but found the long bits in between contacts with the enemy made me yawn :(
02-09-2008, 01:03 AM,
I know the feeling ! :)

I went deep into Loch Ewe to achieve that sinking !.
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
02-09-2008, 05:14 AM,
It's a beautiful game graphically but I too became bored with the long and tedious dead times between action. It has a time compression mode but unfortunately it's not very useable when you are in the shallows or near land.

I'm hoping the great makers of the Total War series will one day come up with WWII: Total War. It seems like they are very good to make expansions and not cast off their core game fans as Battlefront has...
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
02-09-2008, 06:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-09-2008, 06:11 AM by Jobu88.)
I have Silent Hunter IV. Same issues--- great graphics, realistic tactical game play, but dear god the thing is such a pain when transiting a long distance. Plus there are numerous glitches with various systems--- radars, deck crew, all kinds of things that don't work the way they're supposed to.

Silent Hunter 2 was one of my all-time favorites. It almost kept me from getting through school.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
02-09-2008, 06:15 AM,
Jobu88 Wrote:I have Silent Hunter IV. Same issues--- great graphics, realistic tactical game play, but dear god the thing is such a pain when transiting a long distance. Plus there are numerous glitches with various systems--- radars, deck crew, all kinds of things that don't work the way they're supposed to.

Silent Hunter 2 was one of my all-time favorites. It almost kept me from getting through school.

I have heard of those problems and thats why I havent bought it !
02-28-2008, 08:27 PM,
for all hardcore submariners install GWX 2.0 on your SH3 and you get the same graphic like SH4 an mod manager and many more and all for free
look at
http://www.subsim.com/subsim_files/patches2005_sh3.html :smoke: