• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

When you thought everything had settled!!!
12-24-2007, 10:00 AM,
RE: When you thought everything had settled!!!
Antoni Chmielowski (FGM) Wrote:
redbear415 (FGM) Wrote:and there is work in the new 1.06 they beging that already

This sort of game development using buyers as beta testers, is the sort of thing that destroys the reputation of a company Eek

Anthony,

Using the buyer as the playtester is the standard in the industry.

Matrix games is perhaps the greatest offender of putting out games which are improperly playtested. Panther and SSG don't strike me as such, but most of the other Matrix games-witness the latest release of Modern Combat-are not worth buying.

HPS is in my opinion is one of the few companies which doesn't engage in said activities.
Quote this message in a reply
12-24-2007, 11:01 AM,
On the other hand HPS does not innovate. Their games are all based on the same 10 year old engine and look like shit.

I'd rather have public beta for something new.
12-24-2007, 06:14 PM,
Runyan99 Wrote:On the other hand HPS does not innovate. Their games are all based on the same 10 year old engine and look like shit.

If by "innovate" you mean combine breathtaking arrogance with practices that verge on unethical, you're right. They don't.

Public beta is great. Lying to customers by telling them they're getting a finished product when you're really selling them an unfinished product is not. That’s exactly what BFC did with Shock Force.
12-24-2007, 06:41 PM,
You guys love to hate Shock Force.

Paradox and Matrix release buggy or crappy games, but I've never seen such whining and crying. I am merely disappointed in the game, but some of you guys hate the game the way you hate a girlfriend who breaks up with you. It's emotional vitriol, rooted in the fact that you loved CMx1 so so much, and now it's over.
12-25-2007, 12:05 AM,
there's no fan boys over here preaching the greatness of a piece of crap game, which kinda explains the lack of exciting and informative posts on the subject matter.

actual gaming by real gamers, decided the fate of CM-SF long ago, when it was put in the bargain bins 30 days after release.

The use of "Combat Mission" in the marketing led to expectations that were just not met or even there.

For a company to lie to and publicly "harass" paying customers in more ways than one cares to mention, how can they even expect that a new MOD every couple months will even salvage the damage done.

I'd hate them too...

NO...

wait....

"I just don't get it!"...

:)
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
12-25-2007, 01:51 AM,
Runyan99 Wrote:On the other hand HPS does not innovate. Their games are all based on the same 10 year old engine and look like shit.

Thats a load of rubbish!! yes the games area based on an old game engine.But with graphic mods around the game looks and feels good.

I only play in 2D mode, it looks good and you get the feel of a battle.

you cant comapre a figure based game with a board based game
12-25-2007, 04:45 AM,
Runyan99 Wrote:You guys love to hate Shock Force.

blah blah blah

Yawn...

Hardly. Great flame bait but so wrong as to be funny. Though this contention being embraced by BFC itself is the worst sign for their long term viability as a company. A bunker mentality is not sustainable. All that gets done is more sandbags get filled and more traitors get hung; actual solutions to the problems are beyond such thinking.
12-25-2007, 05:58 AM,
Your ex-girlfriend BFC is a bitch and a slut. I know, I know.
12-28-2007, 08:07 PM,
Antoni Chmielowski (FGM) Wrote:
redbear415 (FGM) Wrote:and there is work in the new 1.06 they beging that already

This sort of game development using buyers as beta testers, is the sort of thing that destroys the reputation of a company Eek

If CMC is as playable as CMSF was then I wish they would let us buyers beta-test it. Sigh.