• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Maps of Budapest Region
11-14-2006, 07:36 AM,
RE:������Maps of Budapest Region
Scharlemanje Wrote:
Huib Wrote:The only way to make good scenarios is to use 1:1 scale. I mean you should never change scale for simulation purposes.

Totally agree. I stick to 1:1 (One hex of hexgrid overlay map artwork = One EF map editor hex), everything else would be fantasy or generic maps and pointless for what i want to create. And a scenario without historical accuracy i wouldnt even waste my time for, maybe its fun sometimes but its the simulation of the real battlefield and the historical events that makes the fascination for me. What i meant was when using the hex-to-hex method with a 1:200000 base map, the distances for the platoon-sized unit level and unit ranges of EF are improper.

Ah I see we totally understand eachother then:cool:
I wrestle with the same "simulation" versus 'historical event" issues as well.
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2006, 08:13 AM,
RE: Maps of Budapest Region
I do have 1:100,000 scaled map scans of Budapest circa 1944. I can email them to you.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
11-15-2006, 11:57 AM,
Great! Sent you a PM
Suppouse i have to start mapping all over again then, if so well i dont mind its worth the effort
11-15-2006, 12:55 PM,
I sent both to your email, as requested.

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho
Send this user an email
04-04-2007, 07:52 AM,
Goodness me, the Jason Petho mapmaker extrodiniare still playing and scenario building?

Periander

aka Chris Wilson

Always up for any Matrix CS games or alternatively any TS WF game. Mail me if interested.
04-04-2007, 08:26 AM,
RE:��Maps of Budapest Region
Periander Wrote:Goodness me, the Jason Petho mapmaker extrodiniare still playing and scenario building?

Absolutely.. You should see the monster maps I'm currently building for EFII. Madness!

Also part of the Matrix team that will be releasing the Matrix version of the Campaign Series soon.

A tad obsessed, I would venture to say ;)

Good to see you! Its been eons!!!!

Hope you're well
Take care and good luck
Jason Petho
Send this user an email
04-04-2007, 08:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-04-2007, 08:34 AM by Periander.)
Oh fantastic news, anyone else from the old gang with them? I did a bit of testing for Charlie and Bob at Breakaway and then a tiny bit with Glenn but then the real world caught up and I've been out of circulation for yonks.

Heck it got to the stage where I wasn't even getting my review pieces for The Wargamer returned on time :(

Anyway I've decided all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy and all that so I'm having a mooch around and playing a few games.

Keep in touch mate!
Periander

aka Chris Wilson

Always up for any Matrix CS games or alternatively any TS WF game. Mail me if interested.
10-01-2007, 04:32 AM,
Nice to see Scotland has something to offer Jason.Even i didnt know about that.Checking on maps of Dalkeith the only real Town near me ie all else has been built for mining the last 130 years.IE only live 2 miles from it but some of the changes over the years are something.
10-03-2007, 07:47 AM,
Gents, what about to set Google Earth visure at 1/25.000, making a series of print screen, pasting the screens on one map and drawing a hex grid on ?
Could it be possible ?
Looking at old maps, even out of scale, one can delete new roads and enlarged urban areas. In addition, Google Earth gives heights levels of the ground too.

Gio