• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Opponent Wanted - A few Options - CLOSED
09-01-2018, 03:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-09-2018, 11:45 AM by MattP.)
Opponent Wanted  Opponent Wanted - A few Options - CLOSED
I'm currently playing 2 games but it's just not enough.   Playing this series by PBEM is Napoleonic crack...... so I'm looking to start a 3rd (or possibly 3rd and 4th) game...   

Here are the two i'm interested in....

006. The Battle of Lutzen

[b]03H1. The Battle of Aspern-Essling[/b]

In both of these, i'd like to try my hand at the French as I'm playing Allies right now in Leipzig and Dresden.   Aspern looks interesting to me and I never thought i'd think the map was so small, but after Leipzig it looks tiny.  ;-)   For Lutzen, I just bought the game and haven't even looked at the scenario, I just know I want to play it and take the part of the beleaguered "Marie Louises" early the battle....  

If anyone is up for these, please do send a PM....

Thanks!

Matt
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2018, 09:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-01-2018, 10:32 PM by geoff.)
RE: Opponent Wanted - A few Options
I'd be willing to play 006 from Campaign Bautzen if you can stand any more of my whining and idiocy. It would take precedence over our Leipzig scn (15min turn MPs suck). Perhaps we could toy with different optional rules? I'd like to at least turn OMR off for more unpredictable melees.
09-02-2018, 12:39 AM,
I'd be willing to play it after our Leipzig game, but I'm really trying to get a third different opponent to flip more turns to me. Having a single opponent playing 2 different games could accomplish that a little I suppose as one of us could be doing our Leipzig turn with the other is doing our Lutzen turn..... Let me think on it, I need a day or so anyway as when I went to buy "Bautzen" late last night I accidentally bought "Leipzig" a second time instead, so waiting on JTS to straighten that out for me. I was doing my best Kutusov I suppose.

Why don't you like the 15 minute turns?
09-02-2018, 12:48 AM,
Haha, hopefully your comprehension and button pressing ability is better in game ;p
The 15 minute turn movement rate break the hex/turn design. Generally, the golden number is 6. In 15min turns you can push your cavalry 14 hexes up roads and reach charging distance out too 8 hexes. Which turns the 'orderly' napoleonic battlespace into a cluster fork. I'm not experienced enough to really make qualified statements yet but, I pretict our battles are going to be more about teleporting behind each other's line with katana in hand. Nothing personnel, kiddo. (sorry for the meme)
09-02-2018, 05:32 AM,
Nah, I would worry about the teleporting or what not, it just seems that way right now as the max view distance early in the game is shorter than you can theoretically move. Plus, while it's certainly possible to move around a unit or two, the flip side is that you really have no way of knowing what you're moving into when covering that much distance. It's interesting because in the 15m Leipzig game, units can cover quite a bit of distance. In my 10 minute muddy Dresden game units can move 3-4 hexes max. The French are literally slogging through the mud in slow motion.....
09-02-2018, 07:00 AM,
(09-02-2018, 05:32 AM)MattP Wrote: In my 10 minute muddy Dresden game units can move 3-4 hexes max.   The French are literally slogging through the mud in slow motion.....

Whistle