• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Gumbinnen-Tannenberg EP 14 scenario automatically ends at start
12-01-2016, 02:03 PM,
Help  Gumbinnen-Tannenberg EP 14 scenario automatically ends at start
Hi everyone

So I was trying to get some practice in as the russians as I am playing a full campaign game with a buddy. 

Started a game as the russians, spent an hour or two doing my turn, and then the germans immediately won an early termination, they start with a whole bunch of victory points, do I have a setting turned on wrong? Or is the scenario screwed up? Thanks! 

Helmet Smile
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2016, 12:11 AM,
RE: Gumbinnen-Tannenberg EP 14 scenario automatically ends at start
You can go into the scenario editor and uncheck the early termination box. That's what my opponent and I had to do in the short campaign game we're playing.
12-02-2016, 02:28 AM,
(12-02-2016, 12:11 AM)Al Wrote: You can go into the scenario editor and uncheck the early termination box.  That's what my opponent and I had to do in the short campaign game we're playing.

right but doesnt that sort of defeat the whole purpose? according to the scenario notes its supposed to be a race to victory
12-02-2016, 05:06 AM,
I will make Ed aware of this thread.
12-02-2016, 07:48 AM,
Ah yes, assuming you are referring to the #1914_0820_02s_Gumbinnen-Tannenberg scenario (?), actually I fixed this for the next update a while back.

Basically, I had a typo in the victory levels which causes it to terminate immediately. As suggested above, the easiest temporary fix is that you can uncheck the Early Terminate selection for now until the next update is available, or, the better choice is that you could change the victory levels to the correct/certified values of:

7500 14000 16000 26500

Actually, just thinking, the easiest way to do this is to text edit the 3rd fourth line in the SCN file, or just open the scenario in the editor and type in the new values.

Apologies on the hassle.  :(
Send this user an email
12-03-2016, 04:19 AM,
(12-02-2016, 07:48 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: Ah yes, assuming you are referring to the #1914_0820_02s_Gumbinnen-Tannenberg scenario (?), actually I fixed this for the next update a while back.

Basically, I had a typo in the victory levels which causes it to terminate immediately. As suggested above, the easiest temporary fix is that you can uncheck the Early Terminate selection for now until the next update is available, or, the better choice is that you could change the victory levels to the correct/certified values of:

7500 14000 16000 26500

Actually, just thinking, the easiest way to do this is to text edit the 3rd fourth line in the SCN file, or just open the scenario in the editor and type in the new values.

Hi Volcano Man,

Thanks for the fix. I updated mine and here is a copy for anyone who wants it.

Attached Files
.zip   #1914_0820_02s_Gumbinnen-Tannenberg.zip (Size: 17.64 KB / Downloads: 10)
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
12-03-2016, 10:28 AM,
(12-03-2016, 04:19 AM)Gris Wrote:
(12-02-2016, 07:48 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: Ah yes, assuming you are referring to the #1914_0820_02s_Gumbinnen-Tannenberg scenario (?), actually I fixed this for the next update a while back.

7500 14000 16000 26500

Hi Volcano Man,

Thanks Ed & Gris! while you're here Ed, any chance you could give us a hint as to the next FWWC title? hoping a bunch it's galicia.
12-03-2016, 05:51 PM,
(12-03-2016, 10:28 AM)lerugray Wrote:
(12-03-2016, 04:19 AM)Gris Wrote:

7500 14000 16000 26500

Hi Volcano Man,

Thanks Ed & Gris! while you're here Ed, any chance you could give us a hint as to the next FWWC title? hoping a bunch it's galicia.

Sorry, can't say yet. Whistle
Send this user an email