• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PzC: Do units get "ambushed"?
05-12-2012, 09:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-12-2012, 09:28 AM by Ubercat.)
PzC: Do units get "ambushed"?
Is there any advantage to moving units cautiously, one hex at a time, instead of simply viewing reachable hexes and dragging them where you want them? I'm not taking into account scouting enemy positions or Travel mode, just moving units through areas that I *think* are safe.

What I mean is, I've done a drag and drop and had the unit stop next to a previously unspotted enemy and get shot at. Was this because my unit tried to move through the enemies hex (ambush), or simply the same opportunity fire which might have triggered if I'd stopped in that hex deliberately?

If I'd moved the unit hex by hex, would the same thing have happened? I hope so, because having to move slowly like that will slow things down drastically.
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2012, 11:58 AM,
RE: PzC: Do units get "ambushed"?
As far as I know, there is no difference. So drag and drop where you want, should be fine.

There is an advantage to moving into the unknown without going to the last possible hex, as then you can pull back a couple of hexes if you don't like the situation you stumble across toward the end.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
05-12-2012, 12:06 PM,
Got it, thanks!
05-13-2012, 12:21 AM,
Also when moving in T mode most players keep back 1/3 of the MP allowance so they can always deploy should they bump into an unknown unit, there is a toolbar button that does this automatically.

Nothing worse than leaving you unit next to an enemy unit while still in T mode........... Doh
05-13-2012, 09:50 AM,
(05-13-2012, 12:21 AM)Foul. Wrote: Also when moving in T mode most players keep back 1/3 of the MP allowance so they can always deploy should they bump into an unknown unit, there is a toolbar button that does this automatically.

Nothing worse than leaving you unit next to an enemy unit while still in T mode........... Doh

Thanks. I already use that when in doubt.