• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Music Introduction
02-28-2011, 05:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-28-2011, 05:21 AM by Pointman.)
Music Introduction
Hello, does anyone know the file name extension for the music that plays during the game selection menu and the folder its in?

Cheers cheers
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2011, 05:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-28-2011, 05:42 AM by Crossroads.)
RE: Music Introduction
xbackg1.ogg

It is located in each of the game folders (EF, WF, RS).

It is possible the file has a double role as one of the Axis background tunes as well...

Let me know :)
Visit us at CSLegion.com
02-28-2011, 05:52 AM,
Woo hoo thats the one thanks Kat u da man !

Cheers.
02-28-2011, 05:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-28-2011, 05:59 AM by Crossroads.)
I've just spent the weekend playing with the background music files :)

I've post some of my findings in the 3rd party mods thread.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
02-28-2011, 06:00 AM,
Ahh I spoke to soon, game won't run without this file it must be connected to game files.
Its the file with menu music tho that part is correct.

Any ideas anyone?
02-28-2011, 06:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-28-2011, 06:09 AM by Crossroads.)
You want to get rid of any sounds? Just copy a single explosion sound or something like that under that name?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
02-28-2011, 06:50 AM,
I'm trying to get rid of the menu music because it over powers the microphone on my desk when I'm setting up the game.Its to loud and intrusive.
There does not seem to be an option to turn this music on and off like you can inside of the game.The file xbackg1 is the correct music file but when you move or delete it the game won't start.
02-28-2011, 07:29 AM,
Record a few seconds of nothing, then convert it to an ogg file. Name it the exact same thing and swap out the file.

Read the other forum for programs that will help you do this. If you're unable to record, use audacity to open the file you want to change, highlight the entire sound image, delete, and resave. That will do the same thing.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
02-28-2011, 07:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-28-2011, 07:57 AM by Pointman.)
Ok I understand now.Thanks guys.

Cheers.
It works! Sweeeet!

:)