• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario Database - AoTR
07-06-2010, 02:41 PM,
Scenario Database - AoTR
Hello:

Trying to find smaller/simpler scenarios for a newbie. Is there any database that lists them by turns, types of units present (e.g. tanks there or not), etc.

Also I cannot see a way to pull up the briefing after I have started a scenario. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance,

Gerry
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2010, 01:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-07-2010, 01:51 AM by TheBigRedOne.)
RE: Scenario Database - AoTR
Is there any database that lists them by turns, types of units present (e.g. tanks there or not), etc.

Short answer to this, no. The database of scenarios located at this site can allow you to sort by number of turns, but it won't tell you the composition of the forces inside. Dog Solider and I have been discussing putting all the scenario descriptions into the database for all of the SB games, but that's a slightly longer term project.

Also I cannot see a way to pull up the briefing after I have started a scenario. Is that possible?

Not to my knowledge.

(07-07-2010, 01:09 AM)TheBigRedOne Wrote: Is there any database that lists them by turns, types of units present (e.g. tanks there or not), etc.

Short answer to this, no. The database of scenarios located at this site can allow you to sort by number of turns, but it won't tell you the composition of the forces inside. Dog Solider and I have been discussing putting all the scenario descriptions into the database for all of the SB games, but that's a slightly longer term project.

Not to my knowledge.

I take that back. You used to be able to see the number of turns, but when the site was updated, that tab went away.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
07-07-2010, 05:02 PM,
Hi Gerry,
As to the briefing, you can copy-paste it to a Word or Wordpad document, stick the latter on the Windows desktop and thus have it handy. I sometimes use this to keep the briefing open in a separate window, ready for consultation, while I am playing.
Alternatively, you can save the ongoing battle and do as if you were selecting a new scenario. That will bring you to the selection menu and you will be ble to have a look at the briefing. Once you are done, just get back to your battle using the saved file.
07-08-2010, 11:18 AM,
Thanks SG1:
That will do the job.
Gerry

(07-07-2010, 05:02 PM)SG1 Wrote: Hi Gerry,
As to the briefing, you can copy-paste it to a Word or Wordpad document, stick the latter on the Windows desktop and thus have it handy. I sometimes use this to keep the briefing open in a separate window, ready for consultation, while I am playing.
Alternatively, you can save the ongoing battle and do as if you were selecting a new scenario. That will bring you to the selection menu and you will be ble to have a look at the briefing. Once you are done, just get back to your battle using the saved file.