• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

grenades
06-03-2010, 06:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-03-2010, 12:15 PM by Mad Baron.)
RE: hand grenades
My experience in the BO, BB, and AK versions is that grenades can knock out light vehicles, and occassionally heavier armor (notice no big ball-of-flame explosions, so it maybe is for track damage--but that would mean simply immobile, still able to fire, and I just allow that the game AI has decided on some sort of kill, whatever it might be). Versus infantry, I can't say I've noticed them causing direct casualties or not, but I think they can impact suppression levels.

In the CMBO manual, page 72, hand-to-hand combat is sometimes marked by ''liberal use of hand grenades.''

CMBO manual, page 32, roughly says this:
-Grenades are not tracked individually.
-In an average 10-man squad, each man is said to have about 2 grenades, or about 20 for the whole squad.
-In the course of a battle, about 4 or 5 might actually be used, and tracking them individually wouldn't really enhance the game realism by that much.

I imagine the CMBB and CMAK manuals say about the same thing as far as hand grenades.
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2010, 01:25 PM,
RE: grenades
Regarding what chucking a grenade at a tank is meant to simulate:

From the CMAK manual, p.104
"Hand grenades work best against open-top
vehicles, but can also be used - albeit less effectively - against
buttoned up tanks. This simulates the occasional hero climbing on,
or right up to, an enemy tank and placing the grenade in a
vulnerable spot."

Also, apparently unlike CMBO, the CMAK manual confirms that grenades are individually tracked, and 1 grenade icon = 5 grenades.
Quote this message in a reply