• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Who will win the Main Event VI?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Red Devil (Allies)
21.43%
3 21.43%
[hirr]Leto (Axis)
78.57%
11 78.57%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Who will win the next Main Event?
09-23-2009, 12:27 AM,
Who will win the next Main Event?
The Main Event VI

Those who correctly predict the winner will receive 5 ladder points. Those who predict the winner and the victory level will receive 10 ladder points. This thread will be locked once the battle starts!
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
09-23-2009, 02:44 AM,
RE: Who will win the next Main Event?
I like the Grants and Stuarts in this kind of battle.

Also, regarding this quote

Quote:but the upper hull has only 38mm of armor, and the lower hull 51mm. Whoever commands the Grants will need to keep these babies hull down!

Do you mean the opposite - don't go hull down with the Grants? You need the hull to have clear view to use the big 75, and display the thick armor.

And thanks for doing the Main Event. I just discovered the older events and I think this (and the ladder database) make "The Blitz" the number one CM site around.
09-23-2009, 02:56 AM,
I predict Leto will win a minor victory - It seems to me the PZIV-F2 will make mince meat of the Grants, but Red Devil will be able to prevent a complete rout :happy:
09-23-2009, 04:13 AM,
I'll bet on RedDevil.
About the Grants, their front armor often can bounce the 75mm rounds off due to the heavy sloping.
09-23-2009, 06:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-23-2009, 06:15 AM by Jobu88.)
I have only played Red Devil, never played Lito, but I will not vote against Red Devil after the beating he gave me. Red Devil wins a Minor Victory.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
09-23-2009, 06:38 AM,
I didnt predict level of victory...

I don't know either player, but I really like the British equipment. Both Stuart and Grant are well protected and fast. The 37mm guns alone are adequate to fight the Pz4's. A platoon of Grant can easily deal with any infantry position. Both can do alot of running around while shooting with the gyrostabilizer. The Stuart is even a great anti infantry vehicle.

I am going to go out on a limb and say major victory to the British. As DK pointed out it is dusk which will negate the optic advantage to some degree. And there will be alot of dust. My vote goes to a presumed aggressive run 'n gunner - will hold his setup flag and take the oasis. He'll lose a quater of his armor and the enemy will lose 3/4 of theirs.
09-23-2009, 06:50 AM,
ekrommen Wrote:
Quote:but the upper hull has only 38mm of armor, and the lower hull 51mm. Whoever commands the Grants will need to keep these babies hull down!

Do you mean the opposite - don't go hull down with the Grants? You need the hull to have clear view to use the big 75, and display the thick armor.

Yes I think you are right there - I've taken that statement out of the thread - thanks!
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
09-24-2009, 02:04 AM,
The victor of this match is going to be the audience of the Blitz that will enjoy oureselves this fine reading.
09-24-2009, 05:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-24-2009, 05:02 AM by Der Kuenstler.)
Purchase screens are being posted so this thread is now closed! Main event threads have been moved to the front page so they can be viewed easier.