• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Change language?
02-19-2009, 06:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-19-2009, 06:50 AM by animal mother.)
Change language?
Hi!

After settling down on the Steel Panthers ladder, I have decided to participate also on the Combat Mission ladder. First of all, I have a question regarding the game. Is it possible to change the language in the game? Because I have german versions of the games, but most people here (or all) have english. For example rewriting a INI-file or sth like that. Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Michael

EDIT: I tried to google something but without success.
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2009, 10:35 PM,
RE: Change language?
Don't know if that is possible. I know that some of the units names in the German version could be changed. Because of German law it is forbidden to call the Waffen SS the Waffen SS, so in the game (CMBO in any case, because I have the German version from that one) it has a different name.

I think I once read you could get that fixed with a mod, which you should be able to get here: http://www.cmmods.com/

Not sure if this is the correct answer to your question.
02-19-2009, 10:40 PM,
Hi Michael,

for CMAK I can say if I start install I can choose between English and German.
In CMBB you have no choice to choose any language.

But you can change your "Barbarossa to Berlin.exe" if you can receive
6Mb zipped exe files I can send you the orginal US version.

Let me know :)

Andre
02-20-2009, 03:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-20-2009, 03:27 AM by animal mother.)
Hi!

Thanks for the answers. I tried the tip with CMAK, but it did not work with my version. It is not an obstacle for playing the game, but it is " more work". E.g. when somebody talks about a probe as type of mission then I have to translate it as "Erkundung" in my game. The same with types of maps - in my case : Dorf, Ländlich, kleine Hügel etc. Little harder with scenario names etc. Anyway I will give it a try in german.

Cheers
Michael