• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Graphic card issues with BB, AK and BO
02-23-2008, 08:14 AM,
Graphic card issues with BB, AK and BO
We have sen increasing number of guy's having problems with newer graphic cards and Vista as their OS, I just popped over to BF tech forum where I saw this post from Madmatt.

The best thing to do is to test any prospective game using its available demo.

By and large, if a demo works, so too will the original game.

Most video cards released over the past few years have had 256 megs of VRAM or more and most of them work fine with CMBB and CMAK but some of the newest DX 10 type video cards have been having trouble.

Normally that trouble crops up when Vista is the OS, but we are getting reports of similar issues now with these brand new cards and XP as well.

Please understand that CMBM, CMAK and CMBO are FINSIHED products, no updates or new patches for them will ever be made, so please always check with a demo before you purchase one of these older games with an OS or video card that came out since they were released (3-5 years ago now!).

Madmatt

As we all suspected they have no intention of addressing this problem as they don't want us to play it anymore :mad: my new new HD3850 will not allow any of the CM games to run (I haven't even bothered trying with SF). But on a better note COD4 runs like a dream with everything on max setting.

Things will only get worse for this great series of games and as we all know SF just isn't up to the same grade :(
I am proud to be British but I thank god that I am Welsh
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2008, 01:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2008, 01:18 PM by redbear415 (FGM).)
RE: Graphic card issues with BB, AK and BO
well they say that CMx1 is dead for them and they won spend more time with it, that is sad. at lease they have fixed all the major problems with CMSF but the game still lack all the features that CMx1 has for the moment.
02-23-2008, 02:07 PM,
Madmatt quote - Please understand that CMBM, CMAK and CMBO are FINSIHED products, no updates or new patches for them will ever be made..
--------------------------------

Wassup mate, don't you and your chums want to be millionnaires?
I'm telling you, CMBB/AK still have tremendous sales potential if you brought out a range of add-ons and modules such as WW1, Spanish Civil War, Poland 39, France 40, Sealion, Pacific, Korea, Arab-Israeli, Nam, Gulf Wars etc..
02-23-2008, 06:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2008, 06:38 PM by kineas.)
Maybe it runs in a virtual machine, or in an emulator. A few years later probably there will be XP-emulators.
02-23-2008, 08:03 PM,
Hi,

Of course, all these new systems are optimized for bullshit pure action 3D games like shoot them up for exemple. Those games require many graphic resource that's why graphic cards need to be boosted. Of course, they totally forget old games like CM, all Panzer General series and all these products.
And how about old games like Baldur gate's, age of empire, Myst series ?
do they still run on Vista ?

My solution to counter this favoritism attitude is uncivilised but it works !
I am still running with XP and won't use Vista until i would stop to play CM (this is not for tomorrow...:) ). Furthermore, on a very old computer, i am still running with win98. This PC is only used for very old games that i sometimes still play (oldies but goodies)

I think Vista is really a gadget as XP were already a great system (it is still a great system). Vista has been developped for financial reasons to renew the panel of PC and softwares. And in a few years, they will developp another system which will make vista obsolete and the process will begin again (spend money to adapt and patch softwares !)
My time is probably too much precious and i am probably not enough rich to jump into this useless overconsumption process.

Regards.
Hubert
Idiots dare everything. That is the way to recognize them (Michel Audiard)
02-24-2008, 09:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-24-2008, 09:12 AM by redbear415 (FGM).)
well i dont think it is a problem of DX 10 boards i am using a nvidia 8500 in my system and it runs find but a thing and not using is vista and running win xp sp2 and will run it for sometime.

The point here is that i build my own system i don't buy a build ready pc there you could chose what to put in there when you buy a trak mark machine it doesn't mean that is good for gaming.

Any way i use to build up my system because i am also a flight simulator fan and i need some power on it to run simulators like lock on or IL2 1946.
02-24-2008, 10:29 AM,
redbear415 (FGM) Wrote:Any way i use to build up my system because i am also a flight simulator fan and i need some power on it to run simulators like lock on or IL2 1946.

I use an ancient NVIDIA GeForce 2 but it can't run high-spec simulators like LockOn or FSX, so I have to stick with older flight sims which aren't too bad, here's a shot from Flight Sim 2004 of my Stearman landing at Watervliet Michigan
[Image: digsplashbmp.jpg]
02-24-2008, 11:53 AM,
yep for run lock on you need a DX 8.2 video card nice to see a fellow simmer