• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Not One Step More! Discussion Thread
12-05-2007, 11:27 PM,
Not One Step More! Discussion Thread
Here is the discussion thread for Not One Step More!. Any and all comments welcome. Thanks for taking a look at my scenario and making comments on it.

Game Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
Author Schwerpunkt
Version 1.0
Filename Not One Step More!.cme
File Size 52.95 kb
Turns 35
SM 8
Type Semi-Historical
Scenario Date August 1944
Description This scenario is based on the counterattack of the GrossDeutschland Division at Wilkowischen. It has attack/defend features for both sides, large map to maneuver plenty of armor and combat in urban area. Combat starts quick!
Scenario Added at: 2007-07-14 15:44:13
Games in progress
Ratzki - wigam
Bear - Schwerpunkt
Balkan Warrior - Bocage2
Bootie - hedgehog
Finished games:
Test reports:
Author Balance Enjoyment Briefings
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2007, 04:24 AM,
RE: Not One Step More! Discussion Thread
Wigam and I are about 3/4s through the scenario at the moment. I want to commend the designer for making the map. A very realistic feel to it, and the right size for the battle. There is lots of room to manuvre around, even though there is a fair bit of terrain that may never see combat, I prefer the open feeling of a large map then one where the troops seem to be shoehorned in. An excellent job! The battle thus far is very enjoyable, I will give you lots of feedback when we finish; as soon as Wigam gets his computer back up and running.
12-06-2007, 08:48 AM,
Got to agree with you there Ratzki, A great scenario one of those you can't wait to get back your return, Bootie and I have just got two more turns to go before we finish...Nice one Schwerpukt.

Keep up the good work you Scenario designers.You make a old man very Happy

cheers Ted
01-01-2008, 03:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-01-2008, 03:18 AM by Ratzki.)
Finally finished the scenario and had quite a time trying to figure out what to comment on. Not that the scenario is bad, far from it, but what could make this battle better.
I think that the map around the large town must be made deeper and wider to give the German side more room to manuvre around. As is, the German side can do nothing but a frontal assault against good defensive positions. As the Russian side, I had no problem with pinning the German force in using the map edge and some well placed units.
I would hesitate to add any more firepower to the German side untill the map is made larger, as this might make the Russian side open up more. As it is, the German side uses his strength head on against the town and then with poor defensive terrain has to defend against numerous Russian forces. I do not want to give away too much and ruin the suprise for others to play, so will limit my comments here.
All in all, a good scenario, with a good feel to it, but found a Russian victory for me was a little too easy and I think the larger map would help somewhat.
01-01-2008, 10:14 PM,
Yeah I liked the scenario but thought it nigh impossible to capture the town as the Germans.
01-03-2008, 07:15 AM,
Maybe limiting the Russian setup zone in the town some more might do the trick as well.