• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

E-Mail problems
04-13-2007, 02:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-13-2007, 05:40 AM by Kelen.)
E-Mail problems
Ok need some advice.

Have been playing games against Lobo for some time now and everything used to be fine but suddenly some of my turns stopped getting through.

This was annoying but not too much of a problem, however the issue has grown so that now rarely any of my turns get through.

I appear to receive Lobo's turns pretty much ok, but mine aren't getting to him.

We've tried 2 seperate accounts, and zipping the file but still to no avail.

Any suggestions as to what might be causing it, (apart from him having set me up as junk e-mail), and any possible solutions?
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2007, 03:40 AM,
RE: E-Mail problems
you're likely getting tagged as spam.

Does a regular email with just text get thru to him?

Are you zipping your files?

Are you including a subject in the Subject line instead of RE:

Does Lobo have access to his mailbox via a Webmail program from his server? If he does perhaps they have a spam filter he can custom set and then "whitelist" your address, so your mails won't be tagged as spam.

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
04-13-2007, 05:45 AM,
RE: E-Mail problems
Cheers for the response RD.

Never used to zip the files until this started but have started doing that recently, but appears to make no difference.

I do include a subject title, however I must admit it's normally only 'Re: CMBO', so I'll try it without the 'Re' next.

Hadn't tried just sending a normal e-mail so i've copied your post and fired it of to Lobo along with 3 variations so I'll await and see what happens.

Cheers again.