• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

If you were picking...
02-16-2007, 02:42 PM,
If you were picking...
...date and side in order to give you maximum advantage in a QB, what would you pick and why?

I'm thinking mainly CMAK, b/c that's usually what I play, but throw in your CMBB or CMBO answers as well.
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2007, 05:37 PM,
RE: If you were picking...
Depends on the type of battle you're talking about.

For armored battles -

CMAK I'd go with the British in mid/late '41 since nothing can touch the Matilda III or Valentines. Or else pick the Germans in June '42. The Allies have very little that can handle the frontal armor of the Panzer IIIJ or IIIL.

CMBB I'd pick the Germans in mid/late '43. The Russian T34's can't penetrate the 80mm frontal armor of the Sturmgeschuetz IIIGs.
02-16-2007, 06:11 PM,
CMBB you can also pick Tigers after October 42.

Russians before that is tough too, because the opponent can pick KV-1s....and if they can combine them with KV-IIs and their 150mm infantry smashing power, you are in a world of trouble as the Germans.
02-16-2007, 06:54 PM,
I am of the opinion that in pretty much every time frame russians have the advantage. The exception might be in 43 with the Tigers and 50+30 stugs - but even those die pretty easy in a game with modest cover against russian inf.

cmak is pretty even in my opinion.
02-16-2007, 08:40 PM,
I pick Americans. any time period. good inf company structure and firepower. sure the shermans are pthhh, but their bazookas are good and for cheap you can get a platoon of stuarts or better yet a platoon of 6 Priests... that and I just love being the underdog... USA, USA, USA!!!
02-16-2007, 08:41 PM,
and every halftrack comes with a 50 cal and more ammo than needed...