• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Search feature available again!
02-03-2007, 02:12 AM,
Thumbs_Up  Search feature available again!
Hello All,
Raz has now finished with the MB revamp, the message boards are now back to their old speed and a new archive link has now been added to the page.
Also the search feature is back up and running having been down at least a year, so you can use this excellent feature to search back through all those old threads to find the answers to your questions!
The first time you use it you will need to log on (password in caps) and then select the options to define your search.

I think we owe Raz a big thank you for the work he has done on this and all the other things he does behind the scenes to improve our favourite club. cheers

Regards,
Darran.
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2007, 11:42 AM,
RE: Search feature available again!
Thanks Darran for pointing that out, and a big Thanks!! to Raz for doing the work....this is a tremendous resource; for example go into "archived forums", and run a search for all posts using the word "supply"....you get nuggets of wisdom going back to 2001!
07-02-2008, 08:31 AM,
Hi folks. I picked up TOAW a little while ago and I have been tinkering with it on and off. The game is growing on me each time I tinker with it and I'm looking to start some pbem play in a bit.

I have a number of newbie questions about game mechanics issues (the supply bubbles, the different values on the unit report, etc.) that I'd like to look into first. I'd would love to be able to search the archives. Is this still possible and can anyone direct me how to do this?
07-02-2008, 09:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-02-2008, 10:02 AM by Currahee.)
Welcome aboard, Maakt! We'll try to answer your questions.

First, read my basic article on Supply.....go to the drop-down menu above, under "G-2" click "articles", then "strategy", then "opart of war", and you'll find my article on supply.

Then, come back to the forums, and log in. Since you're a CM vet here, you probably know that the forums have a separate log-in from the rest of the Blitz....once logged in, you can search either this message board, or the archives.

First, pick "archived forums" under the Blitzkrieg Wargaming Club banner, above; once logged in, search "supply". You can order the results by name, date, etc. Look at Mark Jensen's thread of 8-3-01, and read my and Darrin's responses. Look also at Duncan's thread of 8-26-01. (the dates I've given are the last post to the thread, not the first). Then, as time allows, read all those other messages, each of them will mention "supply" in some respect.

If you choose to search title of the thread only, you'll pick up perhaps major threads on the topic; but to make sure you don't miss any nuggets, you have to "search entire post". And don't forget to limit your search to the TOAW forums....

There are also some more recent additions on the current board; instead of going to "archived forums", just go to "search", above, under the banner.

Good luck, and happy gaming in TOAW!!
07-02-2008, 12:25 PM,
Currahee, thanks for the warm welcome!

And, ahem, thanks for directing me to the archived forms. Darn thing was hiding in plain site. If that's any indication of the type of TOAW commander I'll be, then I expect that I'll have a full dance card once I arrive at the ballroom. Big Grin

I have looked at your article on supply and the other articles in the strategy section. They are excellent articles and I greatly appreciate having them. I would be lost without them and the tutorial guide that came with the Korean war scenario. There are a few other tutorial articles that came with TOAW, which I will also look at.

I plan to spend some time poking around the archives and the more recent threads. I expect most (maybe all) of my noob questions have already been answered. :)

Thanks again for getting me pointed in the right direction.