• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Installing new arty sounds for hedgehog.
01-27-2007, 01:39 AM,
Installing new arty sounds for hedgehog.
Hi Ted

It's dead simple to install new sounds in CM. I'm assuming then from your email that you don't use McMMM for installing mods?

To install the old way it's dead simple...

1. Open your install of CMBB's root directory and look for the folder called wav.

[Image: ted001tm1.th.jpg]

2. In here are all the sound files the game uses, they are in wav format. Scroll down until you find the files numbered 00000620 - 00000627, copy these files somewhere safe just incase you ever need them again. If you forget it's no problem as they are on the games CD or i can always get them again for you if you need them.

[Image: ted002mw9.th.jpg]

3. Next just extract (unzip) the file i sent you, in there is a folder with the new sounds. Just copy these over into the wav folder and select yes when asked if you want to overwrite the files already in there.

[Image: ted003ax5.th.jpg]

4. Job done. The new sounds will now be used by the game by default, so QB's, scenarios and Ops will use the new sounds as standard. You can install them into CMAK in exactly the same way and the same can be said for any of the new sounds that you can get from cmmods.

If you are thinking of getting into modding the games it really would be worth the time learning how to use the McMMM program from cmmods, it's not that hard to set up and it'll make swapping files and bmps so much quicker and easier.

Hope this helped, if your still unsure just email me again.

Enjoy the new sounds and have a good weekend mate.

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2007, 03:07 AM,
RE: Installing new arty sounds for hedgehog.
Thanks a Bunch Matt..Will let you know how I get on

Cheers Ted
01-27-2007, 03:25 AM,
RE: Installing new arty sounds for hedgehog.
I really must switch back to photobucket....those damn popup adds annoy me.

Good luck.

cheers