• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Matrix Campaign Series
01-19-2007, 09:55 AM,
Matrix Campaign Series
A few things about the Matrix Campaign Series that I should probably have posted here :-

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp...=&#1356715

Any thoughts?

quote:
The ability to change AI behaviour (mission type) during the scenario would help AI games no end. First 10 turns could be Meeting engagement followed by delaying action for example.

I have two thoughts related to this.

1. For a wargame the Campaign Series was a very big budget game and (apart from Divided Ground) was very well made.
I assume the change of AI behaviour that I have listed above would have occured to the original developers so is there
a reason this was not made possible to scenario designers? (I don't really care about this as I usually make PBEM scenarios but I find it of interest nontheless)

2. I have never seen a post from an ex Talonsoft developer discussing the game. If I had taken part in the coding of this game I would be quite proud of it and would pop up from time to time to discuss the finer points - at least after a few beers. Where are they all? - what are they doing now? Something that keeps them too busy to ever pop back to see how their baby is getting on? That's bizzare to me.

Chris

Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2007, 10:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2007, 10:27 AM by Hobbes.)
RE: Matrix Campaign Series
Also a point that a change of AI behaviour could be driven by the points
total :-

"I like that - Point count for unit totals and alter mission type according to current point comparison - If human has 100 and ai 100 it would be meeting. human 50 ai 100 ai would shift to attack human 100 ai 50 ai goes over to defense =)"

----

"The scenario designer would have to decide at what point totals a new AI behavior would kick in (and it would be nice to either include or not include points for objectives - and also include or not include points for losses) Otherwise it could just be set to kick in on a certain turn."

Fixed units could also be used here. Turn 10 fixed units are released and the AI behaviour changes to ....

Chris

01-19-2007, 12:45 PM,
RE: Matrix Campaign Series
A fantastic idea, truly.

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho
Send this user an email