• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Help! - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Campaign Series (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Help! (/showthread.php?tid=75575)

Pages: 1 2

Help! - Schwerpunkt75 - 06-05-2022

Gents,

Just got a new computer and installed JTCS from the original disk, and then downloaded and installed the update from Matrix. I opened up the game and clicked on West Front, and nothing happened. Did the same for East Front.

The game is definitely loaded on C:; all the files are there. I tried launching from there using the WF icon, and got a message that application had failed to load because its "side by side configuration is incorrect". Not sure what this means.

I installed ME and Vietnam from the Matrix website and they seem to be working fine.

Could really use some help on this.

Schwerpunkt75

RE: Help! - Compass Rose - 06-05-2022

(06-05-2022, 09:35 AM)Schwerpunkt75 Wrote: Gents,

Just got a new computer and installed JTCS from the original disk, and then downloaded and installed the update from Matrix. I opened up the game and clicked on West Front, and nothing happened. Did the same for East Front.

The game is definitely loaded on C:; all the files are there. I tried launching from there using the WF icon, and got a message that application had failed to load because its "side by side configuration is incorrect". Not sure what this means.

I installed ME and Vietnam from the Matrix website and they seem to be working fine.

Could really use some help on this.

Schwerpunkt75

Have you been able to confirm that the updates did go to the right folder, and not just automatically use the destination folder that the update automatically attempts to go to?

RE: Help! - Schwerpunkt75 - 06-05-2022

Disregard. Got it fixed!

RE: Help! - Outlaw Josey Wales - 06-05-2022

My suggestion is go get an external HD and put all the games on it. That way, when you switch computers, you don't have to reinstall any games and you puter is not bogged down with the clutter of games. The only thing you would have to fix is if the power goes out on the external, replace the power cord and you are fine.

RE: Help! - Warhorse - 06-06-2022

(06-05-2022, 11:00 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: My suggestion is go get an external HD and put all the games on it.  That way, when you switch computers, you don't have to reinstall any games and you puter is not bogged down with the clutter of games.  The only thing you would have to fix is if the power goes out on the external, replace the power cord and you are fine.

Yup, I have three externals, best thing they ever came up with!!

BTW, if you ever feel like you want to finish that JTCS WW1 game we were doing before your stroke. I still have it!!

RE: Help! - Outlaw Josey Wales - 06-06-2022

(06-06-2022, 03:52 AM)Warhorse Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 11:00 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: My suggestion is go get an external HD and put all the games on it.  That way, when you switch computers, you don't have to reinstall any games and you puter is not bogged down with the clutter of games.  The only thing you would have to fix is if the power goes out on the external, replace the power cord and you are fine.

BTW, if you ever feel like you want to finish that JTCS WW1 game we were doing before your stroke. I still have it!!

Go ahead and take the Maj Vic.  I don't even have the game any longer.  Must have purged it when I cleaned the drive to free up some space.  I guess it went with Squad Battles and ACW.  It's all good.  I've kept my number of games down to have time to do other things like dishes and vacuuming to take that off of my wife.  She has enough with work, errands and helping with stuff around the house I cannot do with one hand.

RE: Help! - Warhorse - 06-07-2022

(06-06-2022, 11:42 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote:

Go ahead and take the Maj Vic.  I don't even have the game any longer.  Must have purged it when I cleaned the drive to free up some space.  I guess it went with Squad Battles and ACW.  It's all good.  I've kept my number of games down to have time to do other things like dishes and vacuuming to take that off of my wife.  She has enough with work, errands and helping with stuff around the house I cannot do with one hand.

No worries, will delete it, thanks! My wife had a stroke last year, it is very tough doing everything now,

RE: Help! - Outlaw Josey Wales - 06-07-2022

(06-07-2022, 09:28 AM)Warhorse Wrote:

No worries, will delete it, thanks! My wife had a stroke last year, it is very tough doing everything now,

You should still take the victory.  I didn't know your wife had a stroke.  How is she doing?

RE: Help! - Warhorse - 06-08-2022

(06-07-2022, 10:21 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 09:28 AM)Warhorse Wrote:

You should still take the victory.  I didn't know your wife had a stroke.  How is she doing?

It happened last year in March, she is starting to walk with a brace and a cane if I am nearby, the right arm isn't doing anything, speech is a little hard for her, but coming along. She had a Hemorrhagic stroke on the left side, was that what yours was, or the clot type?

RE: Help! - Outlaw Josey Wales - 06-08-2022

I had a bleeder.  Can't use right arm, right leg is gimpy, speech is difficult at times when I know what I am saying and get stuck on a word that I have to stop for a couple of second before I can say it.  Constantly filling in memory gaps even after 5 years.  I realized a long time ago that my head was full of a bunch of useless crap.  But, I can still play, just at a disadvantage in a few things.   Big Grin