• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
How to Build a PBEM Scenario - Part 4 - The Lua File - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Campaign Series x2 (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=304)
+--- Thread: How to Build a PBEM Scenario - Part 4 - The Lua File (/showthread.php?tid=75466)

How to Build a PBEM Scenario - Part 4 - The Lua File - Jason Petho - 04-04-2022

This is the final part in a multi-part series that will show you how to quickly build a PBEM (play by email or hotseat, basically any head to head mode) scenario within Campaign Series Vietnam. The fourth video shows you how to build the main lua file and how to use scripting to make your scenario a little more fun for the players!

RE: How to Build a PBEM Scenario - Part 4 - The Lua File - KEYSTONE07950 - 04-04-2022

Will you be providing a library of the most common (for wargaming) lua commands? How about a console (like command modern operations) to enter the common commands into the lua file.
If not, I don't see myself creating many scenarios or purchasing additional campaign series products.

RE: How to Build a PBEM Scenario - Part 4 - The Lua File - Jason Petho - 04-05-2022

There is a LUA_FUNCTIONS_REFERENCE.txt included in the manual folder that lists all the functions (with definitions and a simple example) that are available to use within the CS Vietnam (and eventually CSME, CSEFIII, CSWFII, and so on)

RE: How to Build a PBEM Scenario - Part 4 - The Lua File - Jason Petho - 04-05-2022

Quote:How about a console (like command modern operations) to enter the common commands into the lua file.

Unfortunately, the Lua scripting is much too detailed with far too many variables to utilize that type of system.

As I get into the more detailed videos, you'll see that it actually not that complicated to do. 

And that's coming from who has never scripted/coded anything in his life until last year.

I should mention that you do not have to have a Lua file with your scenario creations. 

The Legacy AI will still work as it used to with the traditionally designed scenarios.

RE: How to Build a PBEM Scenario - Part 4 - The Lua File - KEYSTONE07950 - 04-06-2022

Where may I download the files for this tutorial?
Thank you.

RE: How to Build a PBEM Scenario - Part 4 - The Lua File - Jason Petho - 04-06-2022

I will post them when I get home!

RE: How to Build a PBEM Scenario - Part 4 - The Lua File - Jason Petho - 04-06-2022

Here are the files of the scenario

RE: How to Build a PBEM Scenario - Part 4 - The Lua File - KEYSTONE07950 - 04-06-2022

Thank you for the files. I'll begin my lua studies.

RE: How to Build a PBEM Scenario - Part 4 - The Lua File - Jason Petho - 04-07-2022

If you add me on discord, I'm happy to help