• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
HPS Marching Eagles Austerlitz - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Black Powder & Cold Steel (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=163)
+---- Forum: The Napoleonic Wars (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=165)
+---- Thread: HPS Marching Eagles Austerlitz (/showthread.php?tid=74177)

Pages: 1 2

HPS Marching Eagles Austerlitz - Titus - 12-15-2020

Marching Eagles Austerlitz just released.
The latest in the Marching Eagles series, Austerlitz covers Napoleon's famous victory. A large map covers the whole 7 mile battlefront. The game contains the big battle itself plus multiple smaller scenarios focusing on local actions during the battle of Austerlitz. The battle of Austerlitz involved over 150,000 men split into 3 national armies - French, Austrian and Russian. The Allied command had considerable difficulties managing the congestion of both Austrian and Russian units, a task the Allied player will soon discover to be a real challenge in the game. Can you repeat Napoleon's greatest success as the French player and defeat the larger Allied army?
This game builds on the previous Marching Eagles games - Waterloo and Marengo, providing a battle between 3 nations. Special features for the Russian Cossack Cavalry provide historical accuracy to Austerlitz.

Paul

RE: HPS Marching Eagles Austerlitz - Laborde - 12-16-2020

Great work!.. NAP2

RE: HPS Marching Eagles Austerlitz - jim pfleck - 12-16-2020

Great news!

RE: HPS Marching Eagles Austerlitz - jimcrowley - 12-16-2020

Having major problems with this.

I wanted to install on a drive other than C, my boot drive. The installer lists four stages and the process never reached the final stage. Instead, the screen flickered and the 'finish'  button became clear to press.

I  did so and the game didn't seem to know where it was installed; the scenario selection screen had no scenarios. I had to manually drill down through drive, game and finally to scenarios' for them to show up.

Picked the one for the tutorial and tried to play. The menu bar at the top of the screen has truncated the descriptions, from Terrain to Hours, in half, such that the bottom half is not visible. And the descriptions are pushed over to the left, such that Terrain overlaps the Help button. Also, the names of the units in the information boxes are truncated to the right so the last two or three letter are missing.

The map doesn't fill the screen properly, which may be why scrolling is almost non-existent. Scrolling implies a smooth movement; when it does scroll what I have is a jerky movement accompanied by a horrible flashing. Mostly it doesn't move at all.

I reinstalled to C drive, where I do not want it but that solved the scenario selection issue but none of the other problems.

Do I have a corrupt download? I can't download it again so, as it stands, I have an unplayable game.

RE: HPS Marching Eagles Austerlitz - Titus - 12-30-2020

(12-16-2020, 09:02 PM)jimcrowley Wrote: Having major problems with this.

I wanted to install on a drive other than C, my boot drive. The installer lists four stages and the process never reached the final stage. Instead, the screen flickered and the 'finish'  button became clear to press.

I  did so and the game didn't seem to know where it was installed; the scenario selection screen had no scenarios. I had to manually drill down through drive, game and finally to scenarios' for them to show up.

Picked the one for the tutorial and tried to play. The menu bar at the top of the screen has truncated the descriptions, from Terrain to Hours, in half, such that the bottom half is not visible. And the descriptions are pushed over to the left, such that Terrain overlaps the Help button. Also, the names of the units in the information boxes are truncated to the right so the last two or three letter are missing.

The map doesn't fill the screen properly, which may be why scrolling is almost non-existent. Scrolling implies a smooth movement; when it does scroll what I have is a jerky movement accompanied by a horrible flashing. Mostly it doesn't move at all.

I reinstalled to C drive, where I do not want it but that solved the scenario selection issue but none of the other problems.

Do I have a corrupt download? I can't download it again so, as it stands, I have an unplayable game.

Hi Jim;
Now that you have adjusted the text size on your screen are you able to play the game now?

Regards,
Paul

RE: HPS Marching Eagles Austerlitz - NikolaiB - 12-30-2020

Hi Paul! If I am interested in all of the battles, what Marching Eagles game do you recommend starting out with? Or which one is your fave? Thanks!

RE: HPS Marching Eagles Austerlitz - Laborde - 01-01-2021

(12-30-2020, 03:51 PM)NikolaiB Wrote: Hi Paul! If I am interested in all of the battles, what Marching Eagles game do you recommend starting out with? Or which one is your fave? Thanks!

For sure Paul will know better but soon we plan to start a tourney with waterloo maybe so more commanders there, more the better?  Wink   NAP2

RE: HPS Marching Eagles Austerlitz - Titus - 01-08-2021

(12-30-2020, 03:51 PM)NikolaiB Wrote: Hi Paul! If I am interested in all of the battles, what Marching Eagles game do you recommend starting out with? Or which one is your fave? Thanks!

My personal favorite is still Waterloo. Marengo and Austerlitz provide totally different situations with different nationalities and troop types. That was one of the reasons for creating the second and third game in the series. What I like about Waterloo is there are 6 maps and 23 scenarios. The other two will receive more free download scenarios in 2021. There are regular updates to the Marching Eagles series with new features so keep an eye on the HPS web site for free updates.
Marching Eagles Waterloo has a number of small scenarios allowing a new player to play a quick game and learn the basics. Note - the Gilly scenario has a tutorial accessed from the menu - Help

You are welcome to ask questions on the game play. I will try to check this forum on a daily basis.

Have fun,
Paul

RE: HPS Marching Eagles Austerlitz - NikolaiB - 01-10-2021

Thanks! I got Waterloo :)

RE: HPS Marching Eagles Austerlitz - Titus - 01-15-2021

(01-10-2021, 03:25 PM)NikolaiB Wrote: Thanks! I got Waterloo :)

For the Waterloo game there are now 23 scenarios - additional scenarios appearing with version 2.06. AND with the upcoming version 2.07 there will be another short scenario - Plancenoit.

For small scenarios using the large Waterloo map, all areas out of bounds are grayed out leaving a smaller map active area.

With each new update comes more scenarios. :)
Go to the HPS web site to make sure you have the most up to date version.