• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Hi and ?'s - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Campaign Series (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Hi and ?'s (/showthread.php?tid=64793)

Pages: 1 2

Hi and ?'s - Lance Runolfsson - 08-10-2013

Hi
I am entertaining returning to the Blitz after many years absence. Pulled out before because I got to where I just had so many games going (for a long time) that doing moves was like work!

Any way I need to know how things are working now. Have most of you guys migrated to the Matrix editions of the games? Do they work with Win 7? I have all my original disks but can't make them work on Win 7 even using a virtual machine running XP or 98SE I can get them to load but the graphics are all dicked up and i get a lot of errors and lock ups.

I play games using VASSAL a few times a week. Live using Skype for Voice communication. Is there a server for live Campaign series games?

Oh and I see there are a lot of mods do most of those work with the Matrix edditions. I really Like WWIII, Nam and Arab Israeli battles.

RE: Hi and ?'s - Infantrysoldier223 - 08-10-2013

i have been playing since the late 90's but found matrix edition. yes they work with win 7. the mods work. they are pretty good.

RE: Hi and ?'s - Crossroads - 08-10-2013

Yep, I've had my Matrix JTCS installed on XP, W7, and now W8. Works a treat, and no hassle with the CDs as a bonus. I still have the TS disks but have not given them a spin for a good few years.

No server for live games, just recruit an opponent from here. There are a few live players around I think

RE: Hi and ?'s - Lance Runolfsson - 08-10-2013

Thanks for replies thus far and those in the future!

RE: Hi and ?'s - Warhorse - 08-10-2013

Welcome back Lance, I remember you!!

RE: Hi and ?'s - Scud - 08-11-2013

Hi Lance,

Welcome back to the Blitz!

Dave

RE: Hi and ?'s - Lance Runolfsson - 08-11-2013

(08-10-2013, 09:23 PM)Warhorse Wrote: Welcome back Lance, I remember you!!
I remember you too Mike in fact I see a lot of handles I remember from years ago. I'm Downloading the matrix edition as I type. I'll probably have a lot of nu bee questions on the games as it has been so long.

And Thanks Dave

RE: Hi and ?'s - Infantrysoldier223 - 08-11-2013

i'll play against you. you can choose the map

RE: Hi and ?'s - Scud - 08-11-2013

Lance, you don't show any games played. Did you start a new account? If so, you're only allowed one account. What was your old call sign?

Dave

I found it. Your original member name was "LanceRunolfsson", all one word. If you can log into that account, let me know. You can use the "forgot password" link, or I can give you a temproary one and email it to you. After you're in and all is well, we'll delete this new one, since no games have been recorded. OK?

db

RE: Hi and ?'s - Lance Runolfsson - 08-11-2013

(08-11-2013, 12:35 PM)Scud Wrote: Lance, you don't show any games played. Did you start a new account? If so, you're only allowed one account. What was your old call sign?

Dave

I found it. Your original member name was "LanceRunolfsson", all one word. If you can log into that account, let me know. You can use the "forgot password" link, or I can give you a temproary one and email it to you. After you're in and all is well, we'll delete this new one, since no games have been recorded. OK?

db

Thanks I figured that account would have been deleted years ago. Got company over right now so I'll check it tonight. Only problem is I probably was using a different E mail account back then that i don't have anymore.