• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
List of which games have 2D Zoom...need help! - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tiller Operational Campaigns (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: List of which games have 2D Zoom...need help! (/showthread.php?tid=64140)

Pages: 1 2

List of which games have 2D Zoom...need help! - mooreshawnm - 04-11-2013

I know the following:

Has 2D Zoom:
Alemein
Moscow 41
Moscow 42
Normandy
Rzhev
Smolensk
Stalingrad
France 14
Korea 85
Danube 85
Mid East 67

Does Not Have (and are therefore currently unplayable!):
Budepest 45
Kursk

What About???:
Kharkov 42 & 43
Tunisia
Tobruk
Bulge
Korsun
Sicily
Market Garden
Salerno
France 40
Minsk
Sealion

RE: List of which games have 2D Zoom...need help! - JDR Dragoon - 04-11-2013

All of the MC series.

RE: List of which games have 2D Zoom...need help! - redboot - 04-11-2013

Of your list, I can confirm that Tunisia and Market Garden both have it. (I wouldn't call Kursk unplayable. I'm playing several games right now including the Campaign and am doing just fine with the 3D zoom.)

RE: List of which games have 2D Zoom...need help! - Strela - 04-11-2013

All have 2D zoom other than the two you mention - and they are in the pipeline. Normandy update has been released and the beta version of Bulge is in this forum.

SDC Forum

David

RE: List of which games have 2D Zoom...need help! - mooreshawnm - 04-11-2013

(04-11-2013, 10:51 AM)Strela Wrote: All have 2D zoom other than the two you mention - and they are in the pipeline. Normandy update has been released and the beta version of Bulge is in this forum.

SDC Forum

David

Thank you! Now hurry up w/ an East Front WW1 game!

RE: List of which games have 2D Zoom...need help! - Outlaw Josey Wales - 04-12-2013

I personally think French in Indochina could be doable. If anybody can do it, these guys can, as well as U.S. in Vietnam. There has to be a way to do both with this system.

RE: List of which games have 2D Zoom...need help! - goomohn - 04-12-2013

I never use 2D zoom-in. There is no information that 2D zoom-out doesn't provide. Don't understand why games without that feature would be considered unplayable. It is neat to have though.

A historical and what-if campaign of the Korean war would be cool. With nukes. ;]

RE: List of which games have 2D Zoom...need help! - Liquid_Sky - 04-12-2013

When your screen resolution is 2560 x 1440 on a 28" monitor...the hexes look are too tiny to stare at. When the game was first designed, 640 x 480 was common with a lot of people using 1024 x 768 as well. The hexes looked fine back then.

RE: List of which games have 2D Zoom...need help! - goomohn - 04-12-2013

That explains it. Yeah at 1024x768 the zoomed-in mode just overruns the processor and looks blocky.

RE: List of which games have 2D Zoom...need help! - Liebchen - 04-15-2013

(04-11-2013, 10:51 AM)Strela Wrote: All have 2D zoom other than the two you mention - and they are in the pipeline. Normandy update has been released and the beta version of Bulge is in this forum.

SDC Forum

David

Both players have to use this beta, right?