• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Old mods - does anyone use them? - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Steel Panthers Series (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Old mods - does anyone use them? (/showthread.php?tid=62519)

Pages: 1 2

Old mods - does anyone use them? - Weasel - 08-15-2012

Ok, there are some rather old mods in the SP mod section, does anyone use any of them? If not they are going to be nuked.

Mods in question:

SPWAWTOE
SPWAW manual
Albys mod
Vid998
SPWAWSQ
SDQUICKIES
SP H2H8403
SPH2HWAW BELGIAN MOD
SPWAWH2H FR

I will wait until August 30, then they are being deleted if no one speaks up.

RE: Old mods - does anyone use them? - Ashcloud - 08-15-2012

(08-15-2012, 03:52 AM)Weasel Wrote: Ok, there are some rather old mods in the SP mod section, does anyone use any of them? If not they are going to be nuked.

Mods in question:

SPWAWTOE
SPWAW manual
Albys mod
Vid998
SPWAWSQ
SDQUICKIES
SP H2H8403
SPH2HWAW BELGIAN MOD
SPWAWH2H FR

I will wait until August 30, then they are being deleted if no one speaks up.

Please don't nuke yet, I still want to check them all out.

RE: Old mods - does anyone use them? - Cross - 08-15-2012

Couldn't you just put them in a folder called 'Old Mods', or a 'SPWaW' folder for all the SPWaW mods?

RE: Old mods - does anyone use them? - Weasel - 08-16-2012

I don't see any sense in keeping stuff on the data base if no one uses them. I know some of those files are for the old DOS versions of SP, I don't think anyone uses DOS anymore.

RE: Old mods - does anyone use them? - Greybeard - 08-20-2012

(08-16-2012, 03:08 AM)Weasel Wrote: I don't see any sense in keeping stuff on the data base if no one uses them. I know some of those files are for the old DOS versions of SP, I don't think anyone uses DOS anymore.

Hello Weasel.
I think that there are still a number of people out there that use the WAW-H2H version.. the vid998 file is a key file to make H2H work with WAW versions 8.1 and greater. I know it's large, but it may be worth keeping on the FP site

GReybeard

RE: Old mods - does anyone use them? - Weasel - 08-20-2012

The size of files doesn't matter, I am just trying to clean out the attic.

Thanks for the reply.Cheers4

RE: Old mods - does anyone use them? - Cross - 08-21-2012

I think there are still a lot of people who play WaW, and those WaW files aren't yet obsolete.

And there have been a few times when I've searched for obsolete SP files and have had trouble finding them. How about a SP museum folder.

If the size of the attic is not limited then why clean it out? Perhaps it just needs organizing. LOL

RE: Old mods - does anyone use them? - Der Landser - 08-25-2012

I'd like to download these files before they get removed.

I tried to download the vid998.zip and SPWAW_H2H_fr_short.exe files, but I get a fatal error. Can the problem be corrected or the files restored so they can be downloaded?

RE: Old mods - does anyone use them? - Ashcloud - 08-25-2012

(08-25-2012, 10:06 PM)Der Landser Wrote: I'd like to download these files before they get removed.

I tried to download the vid998.zip and SPWAW_H2H_fr_short.exe files, but I get a fatal error. Can the problem be corrected or the files restored so they can be downloaded?

I also want them.

RE: Old mods - does anyone use them? - Weasel - 08-28-2012

As long as someone is still using them then I will leave them be, but I will get them put into a folder. Also will check on the errors too.