• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Pictures in Scenarios - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Campaign Series (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Pictures in Scenarios (/showthread.php?tid=60805)

Pages: 1 2

Pictures in Scenarios - K K Rossokolski - 01-14-2012

i should know this but I don't. How does one put a picture into the opening page of a scenario?

RE: Pictures in Scenarios - Big Ivan - 01-14-2012

KKR

The picture (bmp file) needs to be the same name as the scenario file and it has to be 256x125 pixels. You can size down a larger picture with ms paint.

Your scenario will then have a map, org, scen. and bmp. file. When you open the play new scenario the picture should be there.

Ivan the Big:smoke2:

RE: Pictures in Scenarios - K K Rossokolski - 01-14-2012

Thanks, mate.

RE: Pictures in Scenarios - Mr. Guberman - 01-14-2012

Rod,

Nice to see you alive a kikking.

Truely, all the best,
Cheers

...and...all...

RE: Pictures in Scenarios - Larry Reese - 01-14-2012

Measure very precisely, cut to fit, and then glue the little picture to your monitor. Works best with super glue or some other really good glue like that.

:-)

LR

RE: Pictures in Scenarios - PawelM - 01-14-2012

(01-14-2012, 03:02 PM)Larry Reese Wrote: Measure very precisely, cut to fit, and then glue the little picture to your monitor. Works best with super glue or some other really good glue like that.

:-)

LR

This solution worked perfectly for me. The only downside being you will have the same picture in all scenarios. So think twice before you choose the picture :)

And one more thing, i have to do abit more scrolling if I am doing anything else on this very monitor :)

RE: Pictures in Scenarios - Crossroads - 01-14-2012

(01-14-2012, 11:16 AM)Ivan The Big Wrote: KKR

The picture (bmp file) needs to be the same name as the scenario file and it has to be 256x125 pixels. You can size down a larger picture with ms paint.

Your scenario will then have a map, org, scen. and bmp. file. When you open the play new scenario the picture should be there.

The pictures need to be 8 bit black and white pictures in addition to being correctly sized.

With GIMP, a free editor, that means setting it as a 1 layer grayscale picture.

RE: Pictures in Scenarios - Big Ivan - 01-14-2012

Thanks BK,

I never tried anything but a black and white so I guess its why I had success. However I have seen some color pictures out there or pics with color in them!?
Guess these have to be changed to 8 bit gray scale first. I'm sure I'll mess around with these at some point.

RE: Pictures in Scenarios - Herr Straße Laufer - 01-15-2012

(01-14-2012, 08:51 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: The pictures need to be 8 bit black and white pictures in addition to being correctly sized.
With GIMP, a free editor, that means setting it as a 1 layer grayscale picture.

I have seen many scenarios where the picture is in color. Hmmm... Confused
At least von Neimack and a couple others were able to colorize theirs. Search

:drink:

HSL

RE: Pictures in Scenarios - Crossroads - 01-15-2012

Maybe it is enough they are 8 bit compatible? I agree them being b/w or colour should not make a difference?