• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Which optional Rules do you typically play with? - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Squad Battles (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Which optional Rules do you typically play with? (/showthread.php?tid=51068)

Pages: 1 2 3

Which optional Rules do you typically play with? - TheBigRedOne - 04-23-2009

When you play SB with either an opponent or PBEM, what optional rules do you:

1) Use most of the time
2) Use some of the time
3) Avoid completely.

RE: Which optional Rules do you typically play with? - Ozgur Budak - 04-24-2009

"Vehicle Fire Over" is missing.

RE: Which optional Rules do you typically play with? - Landser34 - 04-24-2009

I use Vehicle Fire over and Quality Loss modifier

RE: Which optional Rules do you typically play with? - IronX - 04-24-2009

Vehicle Fire Over is one that I use a lot as well as Helo Hovering (if available). Quality Loss is one that I use from time-to-time, but not regularly.

Quality Loss Modifier
Helo Hovering
Vehicle Fire Over
Alternate Ending (for older shorter scenarios)

RE: Which optional Rules do you typically play with? - TheBigRedOne - 04-24-2009

Ozgur Budak Wrote:"Vehicle Fire Over" is missing.

Damn, I was trying to do it from memory!

It is now added...

RE: Which optional Rules do you typically play with? - Rabbit - 04-24-2009

I am glad you posted this thread because it is something I have been wondering about. I haven't been using any of the optional rules in the games I have initiated, but definitely would like to start using ones that people think are beneficial, so I am interested in seeing the follow up posts.

On a related note, I like the concept behind the Alternate Fire Density rule, since it seems overly difficult to knock out individuals. I have never played with that rule enabled, but my gut feeling is that it goes too far in the other direction and that it would have been better to have set the minimum density factor around 0.3 or 0.2 instead of at 0.5. Has anyone used the Alternate Fire Density rule and have thoughts on it? Thanks in advance.

Alternate Fire Density rule is for scenarios containing smaller units especially in guerilla warfare. It downside is it can cause excessive leader casualties.

RE: Which optional Rules do you typically play with? - Nikb - 04-27-2009

I always play with Vehicle Fire Over and Alternate Ending. Oh and Helo Hovering where appropriate.

RE: Which optional Rules do you typically play with? - Riley D. Smith - 04-29-2009

Vehicle fire over, alternate ending, alternate fire density depending on the scenario.