• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Name the names! - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Name the names! (/showthread.php?tid=40346)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Name the names! - PoorOldSpike - 05-02-2007

I just happened to notice in my User CP that I've got these 4 red rep penalty points below..
How can I find out their names so that I can say to Randy - "Either they go or I go?"... ;)

[Image: repld6.jpg]

RE: Name the names! - Copper - 05-02-2007

PoorOldSpike Wrote:I just happened to notice in my User CP that I've got these 4 red rep penalty points below..
How can I find out their names so that I can say to Randy - "Either they go or I go?"... ;)

[Image: repld6.jpg]

If it was me I'd have left my name.

This post in itself should gain you a few more negative rep points. That type of attitude is what is turning people off to you, no matter your attempts to couch it in some kind of feintly misdirecting attempt at humour.

I'm an arse and freely admit it. You don't. Perhaps that is reflected in rep points, perhaps not.

Either way, it is better to ignore them if you can't use criticism constructively.

Cheers!

Leto

RE: Name the names! - Antoni Chmielowski - 05-02-2007

POS

You cant find out who gave you the negative points, just as I cant find out who has given me positive points in the past.

I can tell you that a positive/negative award from a club officer is worth 3 points, a positive/negative award from any other club member is worth 1 point.

And the only people who can award points are registered club members, so it cant be any ex-Blitz members who dont like your posts.

Finally, Randy shouldnt tell you who has awarded the negative points, as it could lead to all sorts of problems. (BTW I have NOT awarded you any negative points, as I do actually enjoy the vast majority of your posts !).

RE: Name the names! - PoorOldSpike - 05-02-2007

I've got a good idea who the red reppers are anyway, but I wish they'd be man enough to leave their names in the comment box instead of hiding anonymously like little girls.. ;)
Besides I don't like the rep point system in any club, it serves no useful purpose except to allow childish members to snipe at each other like schoolyard brats.
I mean is this an adult forum or Rydell High?

RE:��Name the names! - PoorOldSpike - 05-02-2007

RE: Name the names! - RedDevil - 05-02-2007

I wouldn't worry about these rep points here, many users tend to fall into the trap that it actually means something and they really don't amount to poop.

However repeated abuse complaints will be dealt with accordingly as we had issues with this before and it was handled privately, no need to get wound up over it.

RE: Name the names! - herroberst - 05-02-2007

I wouldn't worry about it POS. I have been on this ladder since 2003 and have one green rep marker. It is not a system used too much but can be used to harass folks I guess. Just ignore. Your hard work in tactical analysis is well appreciated and I direct all noobs to read your stuff.

RE:��Name the names! - PoorOldSpike - 05-02-2007

RedDevil Wrote:I wouldn't worry about these rep points here, many users tend to fall into the trap that it actually means something and they really don't amount to poop.
However repeated abuse complaints will be dealt with accordingly as we had issues with this before and it was handled privately, no need to get wound up over it.

But if the rep system means poop, why not scrap it?
It serves no useful purpose and all it does is create bad feeling.
I came to Blitz on the understanding that it was peaceful and quiet here because yapping poodles weren't allowed in, yet they're at it by red-repping me ..
At the moment I've got 6 green reps and 4 red reps, that's not good as it means 40% of the club are against me..(sniffle)
I was going to get stuck back into my "Infantry Fast/Move/Advance/Contact/Assault/Sneak/Human wave" tests and screenshots again this evening but now I'll go off and sulk instead and watch 'Dead Poets Society' on TV.. (sniffle)

RE: ��Name the names! - Colonel Talvela - 05-02-2007

RE: ��Name the names! - Colonel Talvela - 05-02-2007

PoorOldSpike Wrote:But if the rep system means poop, why not scrap it?
It serves no useful purpose and all it does is create bad feeling.

It serves a purpose of allowing others to provide feedback on your posts. The point is - either tone down a bit or ignore the red dots.

Quote:I came to Blitz on the understanding that it was peaceful and quiet here because yapping poodles weren't allowed in, yet they're at it by red-repping me ..

Or maybe they are trying to tell you to not be so loud because they like it peaceful and quiet.